I got sucked in to one of those articles we've all seen. I think they're just click bait, but some have a few interesting points. Anyway, the one I read is a list that was supposedly created by flight attendants ... you know, "inside information" type things.

This one kind of baffled me. WTF? Is this fake news or sumpin'? Or am I just a clueless dufe?

Title:

The Reason Why It Is So Cold On An Airplane

First off, I've NEVER been cold on an airplane, usually the opposite actually. But, Lynn's teeth start chattering anytime the temp drops below 80-degrees, so I suppose the definition of "cold" varies. Ok, this is reason number one.

There are several factors as to why it is so cold inside an airplane, one being for comfort as there are several people that are sitting next to each other, which generates a lot of heat.

I'll buy that one I guess ... kind of a no-brainer. But here's the number two reason:

The second is that turbulence and warm air don’t mix together well, which results in a bumpy ride, and that is something that no one enjoys while flying.

WTF? Really?? Ummm, is sombody confused with outside atmospheric conditions and inside "climate controlled" conditions? So, if the cabin is warm, we're in for a rough ride? Maroons!

And here's number three. Now I'm curious, what persactly is the perfect temperature for emergency equipment?

The last one being that it keeps passengers from passing out from hypoxia and keeps all of the emergency equipment at the perfect temperature.

I'm glad a read this. I fly quite often and feel I'm much more enlightened now, compared to yesterday.