Thread: Ummmmm .... okaaaaay. (???)

Ummmmm .... okaaaaay. (???)

I got sucked in to one of those articles we've all seen. I think they're just click bait, but some have a few interesting points. Anyway, the one I read is a list that was supposedly created by flight attendants ... you know, "inside information" type things.

This one kind of baffled me. WTF? Is this fake news or sumpin'? Or am I just a clueless dufe?

Title:

The Reason Why It Is So Cold On An Airplane

First off, I've NEVER been cold on an airplane, usually the opposite actually. But, Lynn's teeth start chattering anytime the temp drops below 80-degrees, so I suppose the definition of "cold" varies. Ok, this is reason number one.

There are several factors as to why it is so cold inside an airplane, one being for comfort as there are several people that are sitting next to each other, which generates a lot of heat.

I'll buy that one I guess ... kind of a no-brainer. But here's the number two reason:

The second is that turbulence and warm air don’t mix together well, which results in a bumpy ride, and that is something that no one enjoys while flying.

WTF? Really?? Ummm, is sombody confused with outside atmospheric conditions and inside "climate controlled" conditions? So, if the cabin is warm, we're in for a rough ride? Maroons!

And here's number three. Now I'm curious, what persactly is the perfect temperature for emergency equipment?

The last one being that it keeps passengers from passing out from hypoxia and keeps all of the emergency equipment at the perfect temperature.

I'm glad a read this. I fly quite often and feel I'm much more enlightened now, compared to yesterday.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I go down one of those rabbit holes at least once a day. It is interesting stuff though, in a worthless kind of way.

I like it cold on airplanes. Makes the little titty faeries pop up.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Perhaps the turbulence rationale has more to do with passengers being able to handle the turbulence better when their body isn't already stressed because they are overheated? Less likely to get seasick/airsick when the body is cooler??

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Perhaps the turbulence rationale has more to do with passengers being able to handle the turbulence better when their body isn't already stressed because they are overheated? Less likely to get seasick/airsick when the body is cooler??
    I never thought about that angle, but even though it's a stretch, I'll buy it.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    The same could be said for being drunk. Open the bar, for humanty’s sake!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!