Thread: A public service announcement.

A public service announcement.

For youse anti-anti-vaxxer types here, we ALWAYS stay up to date on our Covid shots. Especially when we are flying in those tin cans with wings to visit Lynn’s almost 90 year old mom in L.A. We got our last Covid vaccine in September ‘23.

Well, we’re leaving tomorrow for another almost 3 week visit, but since we were up to date on our Covid vaccines, we never even thought about it. Well, Lynn just happened to check yesterday and we were told the latest vaccine should be taken if your last shot was 4 months ago (or more)!

We both rushed out and got the latest vaccine yesterday. I asked why we needed it so soon and we were told it came down from the CDC because Covid cases started spiking. It’s not like it’s an annual thing, the CDC monitors reported Covid cases and adjusts their recommendations on the latest trend.

So, to each, his own. Do what you want as I don’t want to start a discussion. I’ve lost 6 friends (that I know of) to Covid so far and they were all die-hard Republicans. Heck, so much so, I wouldn’t doubt they tried bleach. I’m a registered Republican, I generally vote Republican, but I’m not a stupid Republican. Plus, I wouldn’t handle it well if we jumped onto an airplane (flights to LA are always full) and took a deadly surprise to mom.

Do what you want to do, I’m just putting it out there. There’s a new vaccine recommended if it’s been 4 months or more since your last jab (as the Brits call it).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

And here I just had my annual with my PC doc yesterday and he didn’t mention a thing about it. I think my last booster was sept/22. I did get an updated pneumonia vaccine yesterday. I’ve had to be in a lot of public places the past few months. Luckily neither of us has been sick since we caught the Hoosier Crud last Thanksgiving.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, we get an annual flu shot and before our last trip, we got the Covid and whatever the other thing was that was going around (RSV I think?). We've been on 2 cruises (totaling 22 days) and this will be our 4th trip flying to California, all within the last 12 months. When in L.A, we stay with Lynn's 89 year old mom and visit my 94 year old uncle. We don't want to take any chances with them right after a cross country flight.

This latest Covid booster was a total surprise to us. Lynn just stumbled upon it on-line and when we called to verify, it was confirmed. Until then, we hadn't heard a word about it. We're flying out at 7:00 am tomorrow, so we got it done in the nick of time.

P-hole, your last booster was Sept. 22 ? Or was that supposed to be '23 ? Like I said, we stay on top of it and get the jab as soon as they become available. So far they've been 1/28/21, 2/18/21 (I think the first vaccine was split, like 2 weeks apart if I remember correctly). 10/01/21, 4/6/22, 10/25/22, 4/28/23, 9/20/23 and 3/25/24.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Wow. Just, wow.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I got the first round but I am now 100% Covid antivaxxer.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Thumper got the last major release of the vaccine just in time for the solar eclipse to activate that shit.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!