Never was a beer snob. When I was an underaged kid, I'd drink whatever I could get. It didn't matter. Once I got into college, it was Bud (no such thing as "Lite" beers then) early in the week. It was 35-cents at my local watering hole. I'd switch to PBR later in the week (due to dwindling beer money) as it was only 30-cents. Once I got in the military, U.S. "brand name" beers were 25-cents! In the Philippines, I got hung up on San Miguel and in Thailand, about the only thing available was Singha, I wasn't crazy about it, so usually drank domestics I'd drag off post to my village bungalow. About 1973, a Thai operative (Thai version of CIA) buddy of mine, brought me a new beer out of Laos (joint venture between France and Laos), I can't remember the name of it then, but it became Beerlao once the Commies fully took over. I still like it today. Since Barley doesn't grow well in Laos, it was made from rice. I've always wondered if that's the reason I liked it so much. In later years, Beerlao ended up as my second favorite behind Tiger Beer out of Singapore. Also Chang Beer now comes out of Thailand and I believe it may be more popular that Singha, but I'm not sure about that. I like it better though. They're not exotic, just local "domestic" beers I drank when in Asia, although they are available locally at most Asian markets. I liked Sapporo when I was in Japan. Corona or Dos Equis (Dos XX) when in Mexico. As stated above, I'm definitely no beer snob and my preferred beer at home is Bud Light or Miller Lite. (I can hear Ticboy gagging already)