Fate has something to do with outcomes but hard work, preparation, and decision making play a pretty big role imo. A bit off topic but I also think a persons attitude plays a large role in how we perceive the decisions we make and whether the outcomes are good/bad. Kat and I were talking about this the other day. We generally feel like we've made good decisions on major life events. Buying a house/properties, moving geographically, changing jobs, education choices or leaving jobs. But, I wonder how many of those are "the best" choice we could have made or just feel like it. I think we are generally the kind of people that once we decide on a direction, we commit to it and are generally positive. I think it helps things workout for the better. But, you don't know how the other directions would have turned out, it just feels like the choice was the best because there are no real comparables. I think things generally do work out and seem the best if you commit and try and find the good in a direction.