I don't think so P-hole. I was a kid and don't really remember the details (and it was actually a second or third ? cousin I think). I never met her personally and they lived in Washington State ... about as far away from Florida as you could get. I just remember hearing about it from my grandmother. It was some oddball disease that supposedly laid dormant for generations or something like that. I was probably 6-7 years old at the time and didn't really understand it. I still don't as I don't even remember what it was, but I was told nobody in the family knew it ever existed. Heck, I don't even know anybody who's still alive who could explain it to me. About the only time I ever thought about it was wondering if I have anything like that hiding in me? Kind'a scary in a way, but with medicine where it was in those days, it may be something that doesn't even exist these days. I honestly don't believe anybody down the line made a decision to pass it along to her.

I only met one of my grandfather's brothers (Uncle Erb? Maybe Urb for Urban?) and couldn't even tell you how many siblings he had, I don't even remember if it was my grandfather's brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle or what the family connection was. I just used 2nd or 3rd cousin because I really don't know the actual family relationship.

But it's kind of a moot point IMHO as I don't believe any decisions were made to pass this thing on ... I don't even know if anyone understood the biology involved in those days.