Thread: A very RARE cooking tip from The Captain

A very RARE cooking tip from The Captain

Anyone that knows me knows my cooking is limited to Pig Dip, Rice Krispy Marshmallow treats, bacon, and grits. Hell I don’t even use a grill like I hear you boys talking about. That said I’ll tell you I learned something this year during our annual Rabbit hunt, cheese and wine event.

Making a egg omelet

Get a freezer zip-loc bag, crack and put in two or three eggs, salt, pepper, cheese, and ANYTYHING else you like in your omelet. Get most of the air out of the bag and seal up. Then smash and mix all the “stuff” you put in the bag together until it is mixed well. Get a pot of water and bring to boil and put the bag in there for 7 minutes. Tear the bag open and it’s a great omelet.

At rabbit camp this year we would all mix up what we wanted and write our names on the bag and put in the fridge. Get up the next morning and bring a pot of water to boil and Bingo-Bango we had a great breakfast. Great for a fast, easy cleanup morning starter.
    Take Care, Captain
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    No grills.

Boiled peanuts.
    Boiled omelets.

Next it'll prolly be boiled pancakes.

I dunno. Seems like laziness gone to seed, to me. But what do I know? I know he's still got my good flipper. And I know it ain't been used since.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I dunno. Seems like laziness gone to seed, to me. But what do I know? I know he's still got my good flipper. And I know it ain't been used since.
    This from a man that is so lazy he won't even shuck corn before he burns it..
    And if you ain't got your flipper you lost it between here and your house, cause you picked it up when you got the boat trailer....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Um, you never camped much growing up did you? Next thing you'll be telling me you never heard of a hobo pie...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I'm joshing about it all. I don't eat eggs. So I wouldn't know anything about an omelet, cooked either way.

That is freaking genius.

It's a good idea. But I don't think I could call it an omelette. It's a bag of boiled scrambled eggs Omelette cooking is an art form! I just finished a canuck bacon and cheddar omelette.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Call it whatever you want but I'm all for the ease of clean up when you are done. I HATE doing dishes!

My youngest son showed me that omelet trick a while back. It makes a great omelet!
    BKB

Great idea there, Cap....might try that tomorrow morning with some of these left-over crawfish tails from last weekend's mudbug-cookout.

Last night, wifey baked me a huge crawfish-and-grits casserole....she threw in some diced green onions, mushrooms, and celery.....topped it off with a thick layer of sharp cheddar cheese....baked until the cheese turned brown and crispy on top....I ate so much of it, I'm walking backwards, this morning.

Still got about 5 pounds of tail-meat in the fridge.
    Southern Gentleman

We just tried this and it works as advertised. Actually came out more like an omelette than I figured it would. Threw in some ham, poblano peppers, portobello shrooms, and sharp cheddar. Delicious.

Glad you tried it and everything worked out good for y'all.
    I thought it was neat in that you can make them up the night before and have few little clean up in the morning.
    It does make one fine omelet.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner