Thread: How's that Planetary Named Snowstorm that Hank Won't Let Us Name Doing?

How's that Planetary Named Snowstorm that Hank Won't Let Us Name Doing?

Is is there yet?
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Coming down to beat the band. Schools, local gummit and the Feds are all closed.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It's the banded precip kind of storm that annoys me for some reason. I like consistent snowfall... I'm in the 14"-20" in target area. Only have about 6 inches so far so it better get busy!

I already have cabin fever and trying to think of reasons to go exploring
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Wow. Sounds like the one we had a couple of winters ago. I'm of the mindset that if it's gonna freakin' snow, these are the kind I like. I'll bet its pretty out there. Make another pot of coffee and relax I guess. That's about you can do.

BKB

I seem to get some sort of survival reaction when we get storms like this. I have a tyme and orange seasoned yard bird roasting in the oven, just finished making homemade shrimp fried rice and am now making some ceviche... Breakfast was another omelette and english muffins.

And I'm by myself this week

I think I need a xanax or something!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    CD is freezing out his kids, LJ is holed up with all his friends, and no one sends a single picture of a snowman.

Geez.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, they not only name these things now, they have these great descriptions that I've never heard:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...s-capital?lite
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

What were your final snowfall totals out there in NOVA land? Haven't heard from much of anybody but the cat people.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    It was a weird one as the air and ground temps in where I live were above freezing. So, we got maybe 3-4" of wet slush. Even though it snowed 1"/hour all day long. I heard they got twice that out by Len and twice again out by my hunt club in the Shenandoan. All this in a 60 mile band.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke