Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul is an idiot

Rand Paul is an idiot

I liked his Dad, a lot, but this guy is just a bona fide idiot. This one man filibuster deal is ricockulous.

Enough of that.

Carry on!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Didn't you ever see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? It worked there.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

True! Was that Jimmy Stewart or Henry Fonda? Old Jimmy I think. Great movie. Inspiring. This ain't. I don't know what's constitutional and what ain't has to do with this friggin nominee. Geeze and we wonder why nothing ever gets done.

I need anger management!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Jimmy Stewart, dipwad. Geez.....

and why do you want these guys to 'get something done'??? I ask you, why????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Long story short....the reason is because the POTUS believes it is OK to kill US citizens on US soil without due process of the law.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

That's the law, not the president. The posse comitatus law has been weakened and strengthened a bazillion times by a whole succession of presidents. Besides, again, what does that haveto do with this nominee? Rand Paul is a legislator. If he wants to change a law, fine, go through the process, don't hold up the whole works. This is grandstanding at its best.

BKB

It has? I thought only Lincoln violated it.

I don't know anything about this nominee. I'm against ALL nominees. I don't like the agencies they run, nor the money they waste running them. They should all be fired and not replaced. I do remember that every single judge that GW Bush proposed, the Democrats would NOT let come to a vote period. Ever.

So.......nanny nanny boo boo.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Then I guess you're fine with this gridlock then.
    BKB

Well yeah. Best thing that ever happened in Washington, IMHO. I've been a great advocate of Gridlock by Choice for many years. I hope it never stops! Every time they pass a law, my pocketbook suffers. Every time they appoint some bozo, he screws up something. I wish they'd all just go home.

I don't like even having a Federal Government.

OK, so imagine the following scenario. It’s not THAT far-fetched, seeing some of the anti-constitutional stuff this administration has pulled and gotten away with.

At some point in the future the Left gains control of both houses of Congress and the POTUS is in his last term (or maybe has been made “lifetime POTUS”). A new law is passed requiring the registration of ALL firearms….It’s for the good of the children, you know. All firearms must be registered by X date.

At some point after all firearms have been entered into a National Registration Data Base, the POTUS decrees that “for the good of the children”, everyone must turn in all of their firearms. It’s a matter of National Security for Crist’s Sakes. Anyone who does not turn them in by X date will be labeled a domestic terrorist by the government. After all, only terrorists and the police have guns.

You decide you will NOT turn in the double barrel shotgun that Joe Biden hissownself advised that you purchase way back in 2013.

The National Registration Data Base sends out an alert that you have not tuned in all your firearms and are now labeled by the government as a domestic terrorist. A drone is dispatched to your residence, which is placed under surveillance. When the drone has determined that you are at home, a 500# bomb is dropped on your house. After all, that’s how we deal with domestic terrorists in the future.

It's a slippery slope, ain't it.

Sound far fetched......could never happen you say? Didn't they say the same thing about Obamacare?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Yeah, it's pretty far fetched.

BKB

Well ... yeah ... I'd have to say VERY far fetched ... unless you suffer from a severe case of paranoia ... or believe everything you read in the NRA's mailouts!

Me too................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wings Hinterland Retreat
    31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia
    Phone : +61 407 037 811
    wingshinterlandretreat.com
    Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.
    gold coast family accommodation

The name's too close to RuPaul for my liking.

I think I like him.

I like certain things about him. I just think this is out of kilter with priorities right now. If he's afraid of the government, then repeal the damned Patriot Act. the worse piece of legislation ever and talk about no due process. But many who'd quote the tired old 'liberty over safety' stuff every time gun control comes up supported the Patriot Act because they were afraid. Just like people were afraid in WWII and we rounded up several thousand US citizens and put them in internment camps with no due process. And most returned to find that their property had been taken as well. That's all the administration was saying, in certain situations the public may push for that to happen.
    So I'm not much for hypotheticals. the Patriot Act is real, and the government spies on us and has zero accountability for it nor even has to provide justification. We don't even own our own pee.

BKB

Oooooo, you do the little sidestep!!

(but that was a good sidestep, I admit)

No, in principle I am probably in his camp when it comes to liberty. This is just a stupid way of going about it, IMO.

BKB

You should really consider management.

Thanks, but I like just being an 'ideas man'.

BKB

So........did Bush do this too? Or is this guy bad too?

His Dept of Homeland security asked for the Patriot Act and he pushed it through, yes. I don't suppose it's fault though, since nothing else is.
    BKB

Oh, so the ACLU is behind him. Well, that changes everything.

BKB

The ACLU and Dept of Homeland Security. Two inspiring institutins if I've ver seen one.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Does that make him an enigma? Or an enema? Posthole thinks he's ......."ok but not in this case".....a hedge bet if I ever saw one.

I don't know what he is. His daddy is a Constitutionalist, and I love that. And I like chaos, and folks that stir up what ain't supposed to be stirred. So I like him.

PLUS, some of this stuff he's spouting on and on about is pretty interesting stuff!!!

And I see where he and Kim Jong Il are declaring victory.

Glad he's finally had someone explain the obvious to him.

BKB

I felt a serious but subtle personal attack buried in that.............

No, just at Rand Paul. I'd say the average American citizen knew the answer to the question he was asking to begin with. He was just being ornery.
    BKB