Thread: OK what are these things?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

OK what are these things?

On back window of cars all over..........I have NO CLUE!

It's some number, with a decimal. Last few I saw were "13.1".

Big round decal, on the window (not the bumper)......no words, no explanation, nothing.

WHAT IS THIS? Did I miss something big???
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Runners. 13.1 is a half marathon. 26.2 is a full marathon.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Somehow I knew you'd know.

So what is 88.3 or 50.4 or others?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

just longer races... as you may have surmised, there's no shortage of those damn stickers around here.

I plan on running the Army 10 miler again this fall to celebrate my no-smoking and give myself a goal.

I won't be putting a sticker on my truck, though.

I know a lady that does the 50 milers. She's insane. They're all insane. And vain. And showy.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

So......I could put, like, "194.324" on mine, huh? I mean, like, it'd be, like, my IQ and stuff. Right?

If they made a sticker with the Pi symbol, you'd be all set.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Hey congrats Len. That is a big piece of territory to take in. Lots of commitment involved for sure. I hope you end up making it happen.

I've been training for a very tough trail half marathon for over two years now and I'm not sure I will ever actually run it. First time around I had a slight achilles tear that had me down ~just~ when I thought I was ready. Second year I was just getting my endurance back and wasn't ready.

This year? I'm doing lot of hill training and have run 8 milers on the trail I live by pretty regularly this winter but I just put on too much weight lifting this offseason. Maybe that or the fact that most of the long runs I have done in the past 4 months have been on snow and ice and I just lost my speed. In any event I feel sure I could do it but it would not be pretty. Might do it but I might try for the fall trail race up near my hunting camp this October instead.

Long way of saying I hope you have better luck closing it out than I have had.

Will