Thread: Conine Front and Center

Conine Front and Center

I noticed you said something in another thread about wanting a old muzzleloader.... Well I've got one for you. It's one I used for years until I bought the smokeless Savage. It is a double trigger Renegade, I have a ton of stuff for it. I never shot anything but patch and round ball through it. Used only true black powder (no Pyrodex) also. I purchased a "quick" release scope system for it also. You can take the scope off and put it back on without having to re-sight. That system alone was a couple of hundred bucks years ago... Like Eddie said you cannot really get anything for them now that the inlines and smokeless ones have come along. It's got a 6.5X24X50 scope sitting on top of it too! Ill be home in a few days if you want me to send you some pictures of it.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'll jump in here 'cause our other communication got buried somewhere Mr. Crow9.

Check your PM's (on this site).

Cap'n, I have two front loaders. One that my Dad and I built from a kit (CVA maybe??) when I was in high school, and the other is a T/C Hawken. Both of them are 45cal. I have been kindasorta kicking around te idea of getting a 50 barrel for the T/C, but only half heartedly.

I don't really neeeeed either another ml, nor a 50cal barrel. Our black powder season is about one week long. The only thing I have ever killed with the T/C was an armidillo. I flat out missed a deer last year that should have been an easy shot. My only excuse is that I have not shot that rifle much. I too only use real black powder, as I have heard too many bad reports from folks using Pyrodex.

One excuse I have for not shooting it much is I was nearly out of the b.p. that Dad bought back when we built that rifle when I was a lad. BPIs kindof hard to find in these parts. I called every shop within 50 miles, and nobody stocks ot anymore. The other excuse is that you cannot find 45 cal bullets since the 50 has become the "standard". Well, I vowed to shoot that T/C some this year. We had to make a trip to the north side of A-town a while back sowe stoped by Bass Pro. They had some, so I got 4 lbs. I also ordered a bullet casting furnace, and a 45cal mould....and some dead-soft lead. I haven't cast any bullets yet....waiting for a nice warm day so I can do it outsde.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Oh...about your Renegade. Like I said, I need another ml like I need another hole in my head..and it is true that they don't bring much these days.....but if you are just achin' to get shed of it, maybe we could strike a deal.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Well what do ya want fer it?
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Ill make you a deal so good you thought you stole it...

Mine is .50 cal and it only likes .490 round balls with a 20 thousandth patch. It don't like .495

I gots a TON of stuff to shoot that will go with it too.

While I was typing this a dozen or more wild hogs came in. I busted a biggun' and dealing with it now...

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!