Thread: K-Cup Coffee Makers

K-Cup Coffee Makers

I am sure some of youse guys use one of those K-Cup style coffee makers.
    The Keurig folks' patent has expired and several other players have popped up on the market.

We currently have the Tassimo T-Disk coffee maker, and are thinking of changing to the K-Cup primarily because there is only one kind of T-Disk coffee at most stores around here, and the K-Cup brewers have an adapter that lets you use regular ground coffee with them.

One reason we went to the 1-cup brewer is that we ended up throwing away most of the pot of a "regular" coffee maker.

ANYWAY......for those of y'all using the K-Cup (Keurig style) coffee makers, what kind do you have and how do you like it?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Keurig K-cup, and I love it. But I'd love the VUE system even more.

It's expensive, but so is breathing. I love to have about 5-8 different flavors of coffee and I drink 1 cup a day, and sometimes 2. This is great for me. Wife doesn't drink coffee, so this is paying for it's high cost by me not throwing out pot after pot.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Bucky, do you know which model it is? They apparently have several models. Does it hold more than one cup's worth of water at a time. One of them I looked at don't hold any more than one cup of water at a time.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I drink a pot of coffee dang near every morning. But I got my wife an Nespresso espresso maker for Christmas and she has dang near wore that thing out. Its a bit to get used to, because you don't get a full cup of joe, just a couple of shots. But those are pretty strong shots. Still, for some reason it doesn't have the acid regular coffee does.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Niner, I just looked and it doesn't say anywhere on it. BUT, it's the model that has the biggest 'cup size' choice........and the biggest water reservoir. Yeah, it holds a ton of water..........about 60 ounces, I think...

hang on......

Keurig Platinum Plus......just checked on their site. Plus, if you buy their coffee, you get 'points' and can use it to buy stuff.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.