Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neat brain-fart.....I hope....

Neat brain-fart.....I hope....

Another round of rain and storms on the way this weekend, so I went to the lakehouse....just got in a couple of hours ago from 2 days of pre-fishing the storms....this was my first trip to the lakehouse that I absolutelty refused to do any work....all I did was crappie fish, and trying to learn the lake....brought home 16 slazzabs.

Anywho, as I was leaving to go down to the pier, this morning, I tossed my wallet on top of the dresser, like always....I hate, having to sit on my wallet, while fishing all day....I've never had my license checked by any of the green-jeans boys, here in MS, so I just leave my wallet at home.

Then, I remembered, this ain't MS....I'm fishing Arkie water, and the Arkie green-jeans boys might just be out there, checking fishing licenses.

Sooooo, I got this brain-fart....I went back inside, and took photos of my fishing license, boat registration, and my driver's license, with my cellphone camera.

I hope it holds up to their scrutiny, if I ever get checked, but at least I'm not having to sit on my wallet, all day long.
    Southern Gentleman

I can see that one going either way. But at least they would have your license number to run and check out.
    Guess it depends on which side of the bed they got up from that day.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Fish cops are 99% assholes. You'll get a ticket and have to see a judge. You're odds are better there. Only 98% of judges are assholes.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    That won't fly here.

I have to say our fish cops are pretty cool, from my personal experience. Md & Va both. The only time I actually got written up was when I didn't have my canoe registered with numbers when I ran my trolling motor on it. I had no freaking idea that law applied to a friggin canoe. Even then, they guy was really nice, told me how to git 'r done. I got it done, had my court date and he told the judge that I was cooperative, had all my safety equipment and was good to go. Charges dropped.

The other dozen or so times I've been stopped on rivers around here was just a safety check. Which chaps my ass but if you're not an asshole and realize it's just part of the deal, it's not a problem.

Some of the busier lakes in Va have fish cops that are known to be pretty big assholes. Given the drunken, highspeed, careless maggotry they have to deal with, I'm not sure I can say I blame them
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Growing up, I had two uncles that worked for the Arkansas Game and Fish, one was a state trapper and the other was a game warden. Both worked as game wardens though. (and both were related to me by marriage) Both of them were buttholes. Most of my family avoided them during hunting seasons simply because they always made it a point to stop you and check you if they recognized you. and I knew the wardens around the county I grew up in since I was out and about the whole county with rifle, shotgun, and fishing pole. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.
    I don't envy them the job they have to do. But I also think that people can go about these jobs a hell of a lot differently than they do. One of our most celebrated wardens was a guy named Claudie Clubb who at one time held the world flathead catfish record with a rod and reel. It was well known amongst the people who knew him that he took the fish from a gill net and claimed he caught it. That's what I'm talking about. His son was a warden too and stopped by our deer camp often to accuse us of running deer dogs (which we never did) and generally acted like an ass every time we saw him. It made you cheer for the poachers.
    No love lost for those guys from me. I hope it is different in your state. It ain't in Oklahoma or Arkansas, at least the parts I've hunted and fished in.

BKB

Sounds like you got our share of assholes, then... maybe that's why it's not been too bad for me
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    That won't fly..........but do what I do.........when fishing or hunting, I get a thin wallet (My daughter gave me one of those Duct Tape wallets as a joke, but man it's perfect for this) and put in my DL, my CCW license, my Combo Fishing Hunting license, and that's it. It's so thin, I never know it's back there. But you do have to remember to change it back, or carry just it......... I don't carry my money in my wallet anyway, it's on a money clip.....so my big wallet is just pictures and credit cards. No reason to carry that in the woods, or in a boat.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Eddie if you weren't so dadblamed flush with cash that wallet wouldn't be so uncomfortable.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Won't work here, either.

We were checked, in our walleye boat.
    Besides making sure our license were good, had to produce all safety equipment and boat papers.

Guy was a jerk. Everything I could do, to keep from telling him off.

He even looked in our live well.

Why don't you just put your wallet in a lock box on the boat? That's what we do!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 03-21-2013 at 12:48 PM.

I do understand an occasional safety check... but now that I think about it; unless they have a reason to believe we've committed a crime they should go fuck themselves. Why should the water be different than the road? Why doesn't there have to be a probable cause or suspicion of committing a crime?

Cap'n? Deppity? LawDog? Why you guys gotta be so oppressive to us kind folk enjoying the outdoors?

Cause they don't have xray vision and can't see inside your livewell.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I have no issues with them checking my stuff or my livewells. Its getting wooled around like I am guilty of something and being accused of crazy shit that pisses me off. They can all bugger off. (in Terry's vernacular)

BKB

Yeah. Mr. Green Jeans does seem to have the attitude "Every hunter/fisherman I see is guilty, I just need to figure out what of"........ and yeah, I hate that.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Looks like good old ND might be addressing just this issue during the current legislative session:

HB 1195 - Introduced by Rep's Porter, Hawken, Louser, Rohr, Streyle, Weisz; Sen's Klein, Lyson. Would allow an individual to show proof of a hunting or fishing license in paper or electronic format. Passed house 87-0. Passed senate 46-0.

Well, the GEICO pig shows the cop an electronic version of his policy!

Discussions about this were more fun with Chessie around to poke at.

BKB

I apologize to the world for running him off.

We many times have coupons e-mailed to us for discounts at certain establishments. With most of them nowadays, we simply show them the e-mail on our i-Phone and they accept it. We were out shopping around Tampa once and received a great coupon offer at Outback, so we stopped by to ask if they'd accept the i-Phone image. They said they needed an actual "hard copy" for their accounting, but said we could simply e-mail it to them and the waitress can go into the office and print it. We did that and enjoyed a nice meal at 50% off!

He was a duck counter, you were a duck watcher. You were both boring us to tears... coulda gone another way. You two stayed and argued and the rest of us bailed

You're bofe good eggs in my book!

I went fishing with him once after he left the site. I think his sister still runs a charter service on the bay. I may just see him on the bay one day, who knows?

You mean Steve? You mean the little guy????

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    He was a duck counter, you were a duck watcher. You were both boring us to tears... coulda gone another way. You two stayed and argued and the rest of us bailed

You're bofe good eggs in my book!

I went fishing with him once after he left the site. I think his sister still runs a charter service on the bay. I may just see him on the bay one day, who knows?
    I think I remember you two dufebutts forcing me to drink alcoholic beverages, eat some weird foreign food and watch nekkid Asian wimmins pole-dancing ... or sumpin' like that.

In fact ... now I remember what a-holes youse dufes REALLY were! You guys got off work and went to the joint where we were gonna meet. Since you buttheads got there early, you parked on the street. You called and told me to park in the parking garage across the street 'cause there was no more street parking available. So, I left my truck in the parking garage, we got ... ummm ... well, we had a few beers, ate some Thai Food and walked next door to the strip joint where we had a few more refreshments. When we finally decided we'd had enough, you dicks left and I walked over to get my truck from the parking garage ... WHICH WAS CLOSED AND LOCKED UP LIKE FRIGGING FT. KNOX!! (with my truck inside!)

I finally banged on the door so hard a janitor heard me and somehow, between the two of us, we got the gate to the garage open so I could go home. Thanks a lot jerk-offs!

I have no recollection, you must be confusing me with someone else

Hmmm, the only others I could blame would be Carnivore or Bubbles. What a coinky-dink ... neither are here to defend themselves ... heck, Chessie ain't even around ... I think you're left holding the bag dude!

I should'a fed you to those gators when I had the chance!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Holie crap how many pictures, of the GH group, you got downloaded? I don't remember that guy!

He's one of the only NOVA guys I never got a chance to meet.

BKB

He officially went by "Chesapeake" Sunny.

I decided to remove it to protect his privacy. Took me about 3 minutes to find him online.

Heck, Sunny, I have GPS coordinates that give me a camera view of your underwear drawer. KIDDING!

The big one???

I met Chessie too. Probably added to his reasons for leaving. I really am sorry.