Thread: strike out w trout

strike out w trout

Well shucks... over break, I typically get a chance to catch a few trout. Like 50 a day few.....
    The DNR will not be releasing them at the same time this year.
    1 reason: mcolder that normal. The lakes gotta be free of ice/ Still not a reality yet. Infact, I think last night they were making ice again on most.
    reason 2: The DnR had a disease run through the trout rearing station last summer- the high heat contributed to it being a bad outbreak...
    A total re-do on rearing stock had to happen. The plus side: the new trout are a strain of steelhead- which means these will get bigger, and jump more when hooked.
    Another down side- they have to be released later in the spring- atleast this year to gain a little more size.
    Guess I will have to try for some hold overs or find some gills.
    Two lakes in the county will get the new strain in a few weeks.
    I may have to cancel a girls' saturday tennis match.

Its been that way here. Too dang hot or too dang cold and not enough tweeners. I'm ready for a good long spring but it sure isn't looking like I'll get it. Heck, we had snow here this morning.
    BKB