Thread: Hey, Phole the Pepper Pusher....

Hey, Phole the Pepper Pusher....

Stepped into the house a few minutes ago to grab a sammich....one of wifey's friends sent us some Sriracha relish....pretty day'um hot, but pretty day'um good, too....not NEARLY as hot as "yo stuff", however....(I keep a fire day'um extinguisher next to "yo stuff" because, sooner or later, that sheeit is gonna spontaneously combust. )

You ever heard of the Sriracha stuff???....it's pretty mild, even compared to jalapeno....slightly sweet and very tart, and quite good on these pinto beans, I'm having with my sammich.
    Southern Gentleman

I've had Thai Rooster sauce which I think is the same thing. Good stuff, although it's a little sweet for my taste. Kind of like a hotter Tiger sauce. I like it with chicken or steamed shrimp the best.

I'll try it on beans next time we have them. I think I have some in the fridge.

And there'll be a new batch of my hot sauce coming this year. that stuff gets hotter and better with age! If you're interested in a bottle or two let me know. Not sure if I'll do the green and the red batches or not.

BKB

Thanks, anyway, but the 2 little bottles you sent me last time, is still enough to last me another 30 years!!!....my rule-of-thumb formula for soup or stew-making is 1/2 drop of "yo stuff" to 5 gallons of soup/stew.

If I ever get attacked in my house, and can't get to my guns, I'm gonna throw some of "yo stuff" in his eyes....he'll just WISH, I had shot his azz, instead!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Its why I named it what I did.

Heck, I'm about out, which is why I'm going to make a new batch this year. I've even looked into where I can get the little wooden kegs I am going to age it in.

BKB

Wood ain't gonna work!!!....better use something non-flammable....like that tile-stuff they use on the space shuttle....or, maybe the metal from a bulldozer blade.
    Southern Gentleman

Hahaha...it ain't that hot, Eddie. You need to work on your callouses!

Thumper sat here at my kitchen table and ate that stuff like it was candy.
    BKB

Ha! I drink Sriracha like water! In fact, after reading this post, I figured I might need to check my supply. I snapped a cell phone pic of my present inventory. Looks like I'm good for a couple more weeks with two 17-ouncers and a honkin' 28-ouncer!

sriracha.jpg