Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't care who you are, this is friggin' COOL!

I don't care who you are, this is friggin' COOL!

Holy crap! I'm pretty sure Jimi would approve.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

And Stevie Ray's cover of little wing.

If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

You are danged right, Lenster....that is COOL!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    My iPhone says the videos are unavailable.

Sunny, I think we've already established you and your iPhone have issues

The government has your IP blocked from all those subversive websites you go to Sunshine.

BKB

Lol really the videos won't open up for me.

Never mind, I got it to work.

She's very talented.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Jest a sec, I gotta go roll a fatty and listen to that again. Far out man!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    If you like that kind of $hit music !!
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

What excatly were you DOING in the 70's, JB? Watching Brady Bunch with the family? Tiddly winks with your church group? Discussing life options with your virgin club? Making sure you met your 8pm curfew? Practicing for a spelling bee? The Cowsills? were you listening to the Cowsills? How about the Osmonds? That's it, isn't it?

I was thinking probably ABBA.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    First one, I could listen to a little bit. Second one, I made about 10 seconds of screeching, and hit 'off'............
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Naaaa, Bubba's more of the "Starland Vocal Band" type. If you look closely, I think you can see him in the front row sitting next to Bucky!

I'm with Johnboy ... makes me wanna break out the ol' bong and sit back to listen to my Ravi Shankar albums!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That is awesome! That is probably my favorite Hendrix song.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I didn't need some ugly fucking black doper to listen to when there were the likes of The Who, Rolling Stones, Springsteen,Queen, Deep Purple, Kinks, and a lot more.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

That would be TALENTED ugly fucking black doper to you sir!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I find myself agreeing with JB more and more. He's obviously getting smarter. I saw Jimi and scrolled right on down
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Ah yes. None of those bands were dopers. Not a single one.

BKB

No better guitar player in history. Can't think of anyone who could knock him off that top spot.

Uh.....no. I love Jimi Hendrix music but he's not the best guitar player, not even in the top five. I can think of five off the top of my head right now that were better.
    BKB

"ugly fucking black doper"
    Ummm, I'm thinkin' maybe the key word was "black". The Who, Rolling Stones, Springsteen,Queen, Deep Purple& Kinks are all honkeys! I think maybe Eddie is posting under JB's moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Uh.....no. I love Jimi Hendrix music but he's not the best guitar player, not even in the top five. I can think of five off the top of my head right now that were better.
    BKB
    One thing for sure ... that would be an independent opinion.

Ha! Out of curiosity, I decided to see what the web says who the top guitarist is ... the first thing that popped up with a quick Google, was Rolling Stone Magazine. Guess who was voted best guitarist of all time? You guessed it .. 'ol Jimi hisowndamnself!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...ndrix-20120705

AND ... it looks like they had some talent to do the voting!

We assembled a panel of top guitarists and other experts to rank their favorites and explain what separates the legends from everyone else. Featuring Keith Richards on Chuck Berry, Carlos Santana on Jerry Garcia, Tom Petty on George Harrison and more.

THE VOTERS: Trey Anastasio, Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys), Brian Bell (Weezer), Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple), Carl Broemel (My Morning Jacket), James Burton, Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), Gary Clark Jr., Billy Corgan, Steve Cropper, Dave Davies (The Kinks), Anthony DeCurtis (Contributing editor, Rolling Stone), Tom DeLonge (Blink-182), Rick Derringer, Luther Dickinson (North Mississippi Allstars), Elliot Easton (The Cars), Melissa Etheridge, Don Felder (The Eagles), David Fricke (Senior writer, Rolling Stone), Peter Guralnick (Author), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), Albert Hammond Jr. (The Strokes), Warren Haynes (The Allman Brothers Band), Brian Hiatt (Senior writer, Rolling Stone), David Hidalgo (Los Lobos), Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Lenny Kravitz, Robby Krieger (The Doors), Jon Landau (Manager), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Nils Lofgren (The E Street Band), Mick Mars (Mötley Crüe), Doug Martsch (Built to Spill), J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.), Brian May, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Roger McGuinn (The Byrds), Scotty Moore, Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), Tom Morello, Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), Brendan O’Brien (Producer), Joe Perry, Vernon Reid (Living Colour), Robbie Robertson, Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes), Carlos Santana, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Marnie Stern, Stephen Stills, Andy Summers, Mick Taylor, Susan Tedeschi, Vieux Farka Touré, Derek Trucks, Eddie Van Halen, Joe Walsh, Nancy Wilson (Heart)

CONTRIBUTORS: David Browne, Patrick Doyle, David Fricke, Will Hermes, Brian Hiatt, Alan Light, Rob Tannenbaum, Douglas Wolk

That list is embarassing. And the voters are all a bunch of dopers. The fact that Mark Knopfler is not even in their top ten is a dead giveaway that not much thought went into that list. Nor do you see Chet Atkins anywhere on that list, and Chet is one of the top three of all time. And then there's a guy I like to call 'Les Paul' who was a pretty good axe player in his own dang right.

BKB

Don't be a sore loser .... LOSER!

Jim, not so.
    Even though I grew up in a town that was 99.5% white and currently live in an area that's about 98% white I never considered myself a racist.
    The black kids I played sports against, served in the Marines with, and worked with were great people, never looked at them as anything but equals.
    Now where I'd feel really uncomfortable with minorities would be the kids from the gangs, blacks, hispanics, asian, or even whites. Those are people I have no experience with, nor do I care to gain experience with.

Ha ha! Come on Bubba! I'd sure hope you know me well enough by now to know I was just yankin' yer chain. Afterall, that's my job around this joint!

Speaking of great guitar players, one guy I love to listen to is the guitarist that plays with Leonard Cohen. Javier Mas is his name. He's a master at several instruments and if you just like music for music's sake, he's fun to listen to. Here's an interview with him talking about the different strings he plays.