Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this all true?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Is this all true?

Oklahoma is the only state that Obama did not win even one county in the last election...
    While everyone is focusing on Arizona's new law, look what Oklahoma has been doing!!!!

An update from Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegal's to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional SB 1102

Guess what......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas , Montana and Utah as the only states to do so.
    More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi and Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns.. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a setback for the criminals The Liberals didn't like it -- But....
    Guess what............ Oklahoma did it anyway..

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL drivers' license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English.. Really simple.

By the way, the Liberals don't like any of this either

Guess what...who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

yep, pretty much. Not sure all of it is meaningful but I'm grateful for the parts that are.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Just curious. Which part is not meaningful? And meaningful to whom?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

WOW Bucky you really are wanting to fight with Posty today...
    I take a little SD jab every now and then as he does with me but DAMN you wanting to fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Nah. Not really.

Just don't like letting below the belt jabs go unrecognized. Little 'snippets' of "I'm right and you're all wrong" sorta hit my upper rib cage a bit hard. Besides, I don't see a fight. I said I was curious about two questions. I just asked 'em. Guess that's not allowed........

H*&^, this place is like fighting with a woman!!! If you ask "What did you mean when you said X?" she thinks I'm insinuating some deep, evil thing. What I really meant was simply "What do you mean by that statement?"

Geez. Y'all are plumb weird sometimes.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    lol.. you know what Bucky? I caught it and I get it. Perfect example of the little "under the radar" jabs you hear constantly from the "liberal press". No offense Posthole.. just "noticing". I don't want to fight either. What I want is the shallows to warm just *slightly* so I can go catch a big bass on the flyrod. 22 yeserday morning - 33 this morning. Looks like *maybe* Monday or Tues.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I'm not sure at all what under the radar liberal media type jabs you are talking about. You'll have to explain that one to me.

the part of this that's not meaningful to me is the ten commandments part and the state 'sovereignty' part. Oh, we also passed a law that said we wouldn't allow 'sharia' laws in Oklahoma. I guess that's not reported here but is also pretty irrelelvant to me.

BKB

Aw.. I was just making reference to the situations when the press is pretending to just report the news - even making a simulated effort to report the "other side". .. . but they always have to get that oooone little underlying jab in there. The truly good ones are almost subliminal. Hey, I wrote for a living for awhile and I was a master at it. I even had the sales manager of one magazine get hold of me and offer me a job. Said I was wasting my writing - I was a born salesman. Told him I couldn't sell $5 bills for a quarter. He said I only needed to be taught to go for the throat... but I digress... again.

p.s. I have never really watched Fox news. I had occasion to the past couple weeks. Wow.. now there's a "slant".
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

ah, I see what you mean. We have a VERY Republican state here in Oklahoma. Which is really strange when you think about it because I think there are more registered Democrats than there are Republicans. I think you'd call us a 'Blue Dog' state. Its sometime frustrating because most Okies are very reluctant to changes. Most o the changes that the republican regime here have done I've agreed with and supported. We were ahead of the rest on illegal immigration for example. But along with that comes all the stuff that really doesn't mean anything but is more sabre rattling to appeal to the ultras than anything else. The ten commandments thing is an example. Can't think of a single job its created, can't think of a single dollar its brought to the state. But its largely symbolic, supposedly of our state's values. That I get. What I don't get is all of the time and energy they spent passing it, and it took a lot of money and time to do it, while we laid off hundred of teachers the whole time that was going on. We're VERY underfunded in education in our state and it irks me we find time and money to spend on that. So what is inscribed on the state capitol doesn't mean much to me.
    If that's an underhanded jab, then I reckon I'm guilty.
    BKB

Agree with Hide Hunter. And thank you for verifying that I'm not crazy! I know, many don't agree with me, but I'm not crazy. My opinion is valid too. And my point was simply that I believed that all those things OK did were indeed meaningful, including the ones that Posthole thinks are not.....especially those..... It's no secret our politics are not the same. But it's just what HH said, that little side snide remark that goes like "I GUESS that's good stuff, but of course some of it is worthless/meaningless/less important".........that gets me. And it did there too.

I do not WANT to fight, contrary to public belief. I just won't back down on my valid positions, not until you prove them invalid. I doubt seriously I'm very different than every one of you in that regard, truth be told. Seems that if I ever challenge someone's thoughts, I get hammered more on the fact that I had the audacity to challenge someone than I do on the issues. But what the heck, some people just don't seem to handle being disagreed with very much, seems to me.

Oh.........and "Whatever" and "OH please" are not valid comebacks in any situation, ever. That's also my two cents, and just mine. They both mean "You are an idiot and it's beneath me to explain to you why".

"under the radar" and "underlying" - my words - not "underhanded".. that's your word.. damn liberals.

haha it's the way I roll!

I need to fish too. This just makes me thirsty.

BKB

Damn! I'm lost on this one. For the life of me, I can't see where all this drama is coming from. It's like ya' haf'ta walk on pins and needles around this joint anymore. When did we turn into such a big bunch of pansy-assed pussies? I think I'm gonna run out and buy stock in Kleenex this afternoon! (and don't get all technical on me ... I suppose I should have said, "Kimberly-Clark" ... but you get the point) Sheeesh!

Hey - bite me. I just spent two weeks in your gawd-forsaken state and it's enough to make anyone testy. I can't believe anyone would live there on purpose.

There - something to get your teeth into.

.... I don't remember getting a phone call.

HH, were you there for a shuffleboard tourney?

BKB

He prolly went home with blue hair.

Hey, I caught a trout.

Yeah - Jim.. I wasn't even really going to mention it. It was a whole "family working-vacation hurry-up last-minute" kind of mess. Glad to be home.

Whatchyoo talking about?? Why is anyone walking on eggshells? Spouting off your opinion of stuff is what we do. Been doing it since you had hair. Why is there an issue now?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Whatchyoo talking about?? Why is anyone walking on eggshells? Spouting off your opinion of stuff is what we do. Been doing it since you had hair. Why is there an issue now?
    Huh? I thought that was MY question. I think I'm lost. I'm going back to sleep.

You asked where the drama was coming from. Thought that was a question. Sorry. You must be dreaming.

You picked out one sentence ... the post was meant to be taken as a whole. Nevermind ... I want to get back to the whole point of this thread. I agree 100% with P-hole here. This country has some SERIOUS issues that need to be addressed and fixed. He mentioned two issues that are a total waste of time and tax-payer money IMHO ... and P-hole's too obviously.

P-hole quote;
    ... the part of this that's not meaningful to me is the ten commandments part and the state 'sovereignty' part ...
    Sovereign state??? Give me a frigging break. This is the UNITED States of America. What part of that is so hard to understand? Maybe Washington should play the game and simply cut off all Federal funding and assistance to the State of Oklahoma. How long would that fly?

And the Ten Commandments issue? Jeeeez! WTF does that have to do with the State Capitol? It's a ridiculous waste of time. The Ten Commandments is BIBLICAL law ... NOT State (or even Federal) law. (except a few things like theft and murder, etc.) Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?

Again, I think legislators have bigger fish to fry than f'ing around with trivial bullshit like this.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Are you people forgetting this country was founded "Under God"!
    If you don't like that, move to a foreign country.

I'm fricken tired of all the bullshit people, trying to cram their changes on me and this country.

Trying to take the word "God" out of everything.

Attempting to take away our rights!

If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language.

When I lived in Panama, I had to learn their language.

If you live in China, you better know their language.

If you came to this country, illegally, you don't deserve anything , but passage back to where you came from, and your lucky you're getting that!

If you illegally entered ANY other country, you'd be doing hard labor in jails.

This country has gone to hell and its time people fricken wake up.

Our founder fathers are rolling over in their graves, seeing what's happened to this country.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 04-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.

*Snort*

Talk about drama@!!

Just kidding. I know that's your opinion. I get it. It's a valid opinion, and it's worth discussing (if you were more calm!! )....

But it just sorta tickles (?) me that the folks that claim loudly how tolerant they are, are so intolerant of the opinion of so many. But not sure what I can do about it, other than say I disagree.

Not sure if you're addressing Sunny or me. (?) I'm calm as a cucumber ... Sunny, on the otherhand, needs to take a red.

On Post #22, your eyes were popping out. I could see 'em.

Sunny quote:
    Are you people forgetting this country was founded "Under God"!
    If you don't like that, move to a foreign country.

I'm fricken tired of all the bullshit people, trying to cram their changes on me and this country.

Trying to take the word "God" out of everything.

Attempting to take away our rights!

If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language.
    Settle down Sunshine ... you're spreading bullshit as the Gospel.

1) This nation was NOT founded "under God". Did ONE of our founding fathers have a personal interview with God? Sure, some of the early settlers (read; religious dissenters) came here hoping to establish their own, personal little religious utopia ... but the Constitution was adopted as a completely secular document.

2) Move to a foreign country? Are you kidding? I believe the early settlers invaded and claimed THIS country. Maybe the Native Americans would agree with you ... maybe we SHOULD go!

3) People are trying to cram their changes on you? Aren't YOU trying to cram something down MY throat with your rant? We don't share the same views ... does that make ME wrong? And YOU right?

4) I could care less if the word "God" is plastered all over town ... it's simply not an issue with me. Heck, it's on our money ... I won't refuse to take it or spend it.

5) Taking away your rights? You live in a "blue state", so "you" helped elect Obama didn't you?

6) "If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language" ....

What is "ours"? If I remember my history correctly, the "foreign language" speaking Europeans came here and basically wiped out the native populations AND their language. The point is ... everything is relative. You just want to pick and choose how far back in history you want to go. Going all the way back to Biblical times is "ok" ... but on other subjects, you only want to go back to the 16th/17th century. Where do we draw the line?

Back to the original subject:

Here's two "Dollars and Cents" discussion topics related to this, since some don't think this has anything to do with money.........

1)
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/us/con...aul/index.html

2)
    Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, Charter Arms, Marlin, Smith, Seecamp, National Shooting Sports Foundation are all in Connecticut. I suspect they (like Magpul, etc., in CO) will be looking for a new home. Reckon places like OK might be more conducive to their way of life???

Oh, and Jim, again I get your point. BUT...

The Consitution was NOT "adopted as a totally secular document"......... Does the term "Endowed by our Creator" not obviate "totally secular"????

Hmm???

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    How many times have you pledged your allegiance to the flag of this Untied States of America?

Do you not say "Under God?"

Sunny, that was added in 1954. A good year, I might add. I started first grade. So my first attempt at saying it (every morning), included that phrase. I doubt it stays there long. Too many Jim's in the US.