Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Being a Noticer

Well, Vince, therein lies the problem, or at least the issue I was asking about. Old Timothycan be applied in many ways. He has always been one of my favorites, especially that verse. Its pretty true. You obviously think a person's political affiliation is important. That was the whole purpose of the question. To ask why and to see what others thought about it.
    BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    char·ac·ter
    [kar-ik-ter]
    1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
    2.one such feature or trait; characteristic.
    3.moral or ethical quality:
    4.qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity

using this definition, ones political views would have to be considered since politics encompasses all these things. As a christian, definition #3 &4 weigh heavily in my interpretation of character. The absence of any of these traits would be considered a character flaw in my opinion of a man. To be totally devoid of any of these (as are many politicians) is an abomination. He who's political views agree with such a one is going to be painted with the same brush character wise.

That being said, one does not have to profess to be a christian to be a man of good character. I don't claim to have achieved sinless perfection, but I will not allow my honesty or integrity to be questioned. It's who I am. I certainty strive to be a man of character although not always successfully.

So yes, when you adopt a political stance that I feel is wrong or destructive to my country or ethics, I will definitely judge your character based on your politics.

Matthew 7:16 By their fruits ye shall know them

I can't answer why for the whole country, probably because politics has bled over into every aspect of our lives. They say you can't legislate morality but they're sure trying to legislate against it.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Other than monetary matters, morality is the only thing that IS legislated....................
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.