Thread: 2012 Was Fair to Midland (Pic)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

2012 Was Fair to Midland (Pic)

2012 was a fair to midland year. I've had better and have had worse, but overall it wasn't bad. Having my own beetles to clean skulls makes things a little more fun. Although all the coyotes I killed last season aren't in the photo it wasn't bad. Got a little over 50 coyotes, 1 bear, and 1 mule deer. Normally there would be an antelope in the picture as well, but I haven't been lucky enough to draw the last 2 years. Drew 16 years in a row and then nothing the last two. Oh well, I should be about due to draw this year.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Middlin'.

MIDDLIN'.

It's a cotton grading term. "Fair to Middlin".

Sheesh. Yankees!

(Lucky ones that shoot a lot at that!)
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Midland's in Texas.

That is one super-cool photo!

Pretty easy to tell who spends more time at a keyboard studying grammar and spelling than they do hunting.

HEY! I WUZ a school teacher. You IS one.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I like middlin meat. That's uncured slab bacon to you heathens
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

That looks like a LOT more than middlin' to me!
    You live in heaven you know!
    What will you do with all them heids?
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    We use a saying up here that goes " Somewhere between here and Midland" maybe a takeoff of yours
    Midland is a city about halfway between the bridge and Ohio.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    To me that picture says fun and adventure though I still have to chuckle when I think back to my deer hunt with you way back when, when you couldn't understand why someone would bother with hunting coyotes. You've definitely gotten the 'yote hunting thing figured out.

Way to go and nice work on the skulls too.

I'll bet those beetles are as fat as me. One of these days Sky, I'd like to get one of those skulls with the granite rock type finish you showed us a few years ago.
    that's one awesome photo.
    BKB

Captain all the coyote skulls are sold. There's a fellow back East that buys every one of them. I have no idea what market he sells them to. He writes me a check and his money is good so I'm happy.

BBP, I have one all done up and ready to ship if'n you ever decided you want a granite one. It's a nice big male coyote and looks great.

Bwana, I guess I'm living prood a man can change. I kick myself in the butt often for not taking more advantage of coyote hunting while living over on that side of the state. They are a LOT EASIER to call in over there than they are here.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Ya but from what I've seen you miss the ones on that side of the state. just saying
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Posthole, check out SJ Solutions...............Benton, AR. Or Black Ice, in Utah.