Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knock me over with a fuckin' feather!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Jim, if that is true (and it's not), then just simply show me where the current leaders of Islam world wide JUMP to the chance to denounce jihad terror? What you are doing is claiming what you WISH were true, and not what IS true.

DD, agreed. Forget Catholics. I used that only as an example. Let's say that if this kid had killed folks with a bomb in the name of the Episcopal Church, the head of that church and all Episcopalians world wide would have gone nuts claiming he was a radical and not mainstream. When the Muslim world does not do this, I have to believe by their silence (and by most every interview) they agree with it. I discount American Muslims, especially those who've been here a while...........BUT these two were "American Muslims", so..........

I just have my opinion. I don't see it as narrow minded, or bigoted (there's NO race issue here whatsoever, Muslims are a lot of races), or hatred. I just don't like, and thus don't tolerate well, the world of Islam. I am personally convinced there is no good in it, and that it is inherently evil. If there are some passive Muslims, fine. If there are a few peace loving Muslims, fine. But mostly, they want all Jews dead, and they want all Americans dead.

Go ask an Israeli if he has any compunction against being intolerant of Islam............
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...id=msnhp&pos=1

So, I have to back off some. Here are a few folks in Pakistan that are sympathetic. But I don't have enough evidence to believe OTHER than Islam is a religion of hate and evil, overall. I pray there are some rational heads among them. But I have studied the 'religion' enough to form my opinion, from which I am not going to waver without evidence.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

There are murders every day and I've yet to hear anyone of any religion condemn anything. The bottom line is, its ridiculous to blame an entire spiritual belief system for what one percent of its followers do in the name of a radical sect of it. That's just an excuse to blame someone in the absence of any rational reason for something like this happening. and is just as ill informed as the idiots that came up with gun control bill in response to Newtown. What do you want to do, prevent emigration to the states based on a person's friggin religion? Round up the muslims and ship them put? Close down all the mosques? Tatto them so we will be able to identify them?
    This makes me ill and angry. Its just plain moronic.
    BKB

Just for shits & grins .. this is an e-mail I received just last night ... (from the "other side").

My brother Jim,

All week I have observed BBC broadcasts of Boston crisis in your country and offer my and my family’s sincere condolences. These people who make news are not who we are, but I know you are aware. Not all are understanding. I had American guests check out from two rooms at Bangkok hotel and one at Pattaya hotel due to news coverage. One American man told my son he did not care to reside in towel head hotel. It was very hurtful to me and my family, especially since we have been praying daily for the Boston people and we grieve for the families of all.

My brother, we have surely missed your visits these past few years and we pray for your good health to return soon. I have been very busy since opening the second hotel of which you visited with me just before grand opening. It has been doing well and is fine addition to my business as you informed me it would be.

So you are aware, your friend from American Embassy came here to meet with me personally about two years ago but I told him even though you have been friends more than forty years, I would discuss nothing about the situation in south until you are able to return. There has been not a word from him since that.

Take care my brother and know that I sorely miss the teas we often had together and the friendly and informative conversations over the years as well. I keep your favorite tea on hand always awaiting your return.

My prayers go to you and your family my friend,
    Rakesh

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeppers ... I gots a bit of Cherokee in me. Must be where I got my nose.

We're "officially" German and Dutch ... not sure when, where or how the Cherokee slipped in there.
    It's 'cause them there Cherokees is sneaky sum bitches. One of 'em musta slipped inta gramma when grampa weren't not lookin'.
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Mr. Posthole, Friend:

Regarding post #33, I must reply. Yes, there are murders every day, but NOT IN THE NAME OF A RELIGION. No religion other than Islam carries such hate towards anyone not like them. That is the trait that you seem to "hate" in me, yet you don't hate it in them. You want to belittle me for observing reality.

I don't hate anyone. I don't hate Muslims. I do hate Islam, the religion. Muslims are misguided. But I don't hate them.

I don't want them tattooed. They stand out by their actions, plenty well.

I don't want them (or ANY group) to be legally castigated in any way.

I don't want to close down all their mosques. However, it might behoove us to infiltrate a few that are suspect before someone else gets blown up.

If there is hate, it appears to be directed to me, not from me. I don't hate anyone. I do harbor intolerance to their beliefs, based on objective data that I've gathered. But I don't shun them, shoot at them, burn crosses in their yard, spit on them, or mistreat them in ANY way! But I do reserve the right to dislike those who can't stand the sight of me.

I wouldn't attempt to deny anyone their beliefs or even try to talk them out of them. Its why I love this place. And I think nothing less of you for believing what you believe either, because deep convictions are the root of good character I think. But I reserve the right to think it is deeply misguided to blame a religion on the problems anywhere. If anything, its proof that any nation that values its spiritual freedoms ought to hold tight to a secular government. Otherwise you see what happens in the middle east where religious and practice is regulated by a nonsecular government. And the basis for the wrong in those countries isn't the religion itself but the evilness of the men who run the church and the government. Until only a couple hundred years ago this was the case in christian europe. It was most definitely the case in Roman times in the Roman Empire when and wherethe cradle of christianity has its roots. The Bible comes from the people who murdered Christ. I'm not bashing Catholisim or christianity (they're both the same actually). I'm simply pointing out that if we value our spiritual freedom, we'll make sure that we have a secular government that protects our religious rights and freedoms. That's not tolerance nor acceptance. It is simply good policy and one that's been proven time and time again.

BKB

Well, good sir, that's a far cry from what you posted earlier. As to how to run a Civil Government, you and I are in lockstep.

But your previous comments were to me personally, and my beliefs, and were IMHO contrary to one who claims tolerance. I am not the one that claims tolerance to every thought, however.....but you were making that claim, yet were intolerant of my beliefs. Your questions were to me, and I just answered them.

I will state again, and then be done with this............that Islam as a whole, taken as a group of Planet Earth Believers in Mohammed and the Koran..........are not our friends, and are constantly trying to kill us (and all of Israel to boot), and I am simply not going to try and claim that it's only forty seven widely dispersed, misguided, radical disciples of such that are totally out tune with the rest of the 1,600,000,000 of them. I think to believe that is naive, silly, and if anything in all of this is ignorant, that is.

These are my opinions.

See, this kind of stuff is NOT decried by any Muslim, and it is not the work of two crazy guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYOYjrXEW10&sns=em

Examples abound......literally.

And Lord knows, don't try and publish a cartoon doing anything but bowing the drug crazed Mohammed!

Just because I respect your opinions and beliefs doesn't mean I don't think some of them are deranged.
    BKB

uh........huh?

I guess we continue to have definition problems. I don't think you can respect an opinion that you think is deranged. Deranged is same as insane. Improper. Invalid. Only deranged people respect deranged opinions.

I think Hasidic Jewish belief are seriously deranged. But I don't think they're the antichrist. I just think they are seriously misguided, and yes, crazy a shithouse rats. And that the way I feel about anyone who belives that all muslims are out to kill us. We've killed far more of them for their beliefs thanthey have us. That's a historical fact.

BKB

I'm out ... it can only go downhill from here.