Thread: Oh, and I was gonna say Happy 4/20 but I uh....forgot

Oh, and I was gonna say Happy 4/20 but I uh....forgot

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Dude! It's 04/21. That means 04/20 was, like, oh about..........um......way in the past, man.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Ha ha! You're missing the point I think, Buckster. I think he "forgot" 'cause he was "one toke over the line" last night.

That Lawrence Welk show was hilarious! B&S wrote that song while stoned and next thing ya' know ol' Gail and Dale (who had no clue what a "toke" was) were singin' the dang song that L. Welk introduced as a frigging gospel song! I think every stoner in the country was laughing their asses off at that one. (I know I was!)

Listen, PumPHeAd...........I got that. Geez. Sometimes you are denser than an old cypress board.

I went along with his 'joke' by claiming to not know how far 04/20 was from today, 04/21.................cause I was as 'stoned' as he was.

{I swear, when you have to explain jokes, they become quite trite}
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I kinda figured you were messin' with him there ... but for sure didn't think you picked up on the Gail & Dale/Brewer & Shipley thing.

'Course, knowing P-hole ... he could be coming from a whole 'nuther angle and we're ALL lost.

He's sure enough smarter'n I am, and a lot more sneaky. Not sure about you. I think you're sneaky AND dense!

Bucky, H'es just gonna play the morphine card.... again.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Ha! Got'cha on that one. I haven't taken a pain med in 2 weeks. When my doc said I'd need to go to rehab to get off the pills, I told him to bite me. I do NOT get hooked on stuff.

I tried smoking when I was in H/S (like everyone else I knew) but thought it was a waste of money and I had better things to do with my $$$. I've never touched a cigarrette since.

I drank like a fish in my earlier, partying years and could drink even the most serious drinkers under the table. Everyone said I was an alcoholic. BUT ... when I started my business in '89, the drinking stopped ... 'Course I still partied, but I tamed it down quite a bit. I had contracts that required drug testing and I didn't even want alcohol showing up on a regular basis.

I smoked a bit of weed in college, but it was always a "party" type situation. I played around with coke for a while in California ... heck, at those Beverly Hills parties, you really couldn't avoid it.

When I hit Thailand where the weed was the best in the world and basically FREE, I took advantage of it and smoked daily for over 3 years, but when I returned to the States, I quit. 'Course, everybody said I'd be addicted when I left. Again, I had better things to do with my money and stateside prices were for the birds. To be honest, I'd LOVE to see alcohol banned and pot legalized. I think alcohol has a ton more negativity attached to it than pot ... but that's just MHO.

Now this pill crap. They give me pills for pain. I have pain, so I take pills. I've had scripts for Morphine, Vicodin and Percocet for 3 1/2 years. Heck, my script is 30mg Morphine every 6 hours and a Vicodin or Percocet in between for "breakthru pain". That's a pill every 3 hours! Just like all the times before, when somebody tells me I'm "addicted" it pisses me off and you know me ... Mr. Stubborn ... I just HAVE to prove them wrong. Now when I hurt, I just suck it up and move on. They told me I "must" go through rehab as I'd have withdrawal symptoms if I tried to quit cold turkey ... shakes, hallucinations, irritability, sick, vomiting and probably stuff I don't even remember. ... then the worst case scenario is a heart attack. HUH? I call bullshit (told you I'm stubborn).

Anyway, I'll just look back and add this to my list of crazy experiences down the road.

I suppose you could say I don't have an addictive personality.