Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof container???

12 volt is on sale at Cabelas for $99 bucks....regular price is $149....sure would beat fooling around with those bulky containers.

Cabela's Preservac Portable Vacuum Sealer

High-quality, value-loaded vacuum sealers lock in freshness and prevent freezer burn for extended food storage life. The Preservac Portable features a 12-volt adapter plug and a rear-mounted carry handle, providing on-the-go vacuum-sealing convenience. It has a 2mm seal wire and draws a 24" vacuum with 100 watts of power for solid, super-strong seals. Soft-touch locking panels keep the bags in position, while a digital display lets you adjust and monitor sealing time. Convenient cord-storage areas. Can accept bags up to 11" wide. Imported.

s7_540374_999_02.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Can't reseal it is the problem.

Zip loc bags, for those who aren't challenged in some weird way, work. Or maybe a zip loc bag inside a plastic sealable container, inside a hermetically sealed vault inside his $2 7-11 cooler might keep Bucky's baloney sammich dry and his chips from getting soggy.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I have one of those already, Ed.

Good grief. I give up. One simple question.

I ask what time it is, and y'all answer "blue", or tell me that I shouldn't have asked.......... Talk about a bunch of ADD people!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Bucky, are you dead set on using "cubed" ice in the ice chest? Just a thought, I've found that this works real well for me. I save 1/2 gallon and one gallon milk jugs. Fill them damn near full and add some salt to them (about 1/4 cup per half gallon) and then shake them up to form you a bit of a brine. Toss these bad boys in your freezer and let then freeze giving them a good shake a couple of times through the freezing procces to keep the salt distributed. Once they are froze, they have your water contained so nothing gets soggy. Then you can use damn near anything you want to store your stuff in, and the brine solution will stay colder than plain old frozen water. This also work for a chiller for the live well in the heat of the summer, freeze a couple of half gallon jugs full or pure water and then just drop jug and all in when the temps get hot to keep the fishes a tad cooler.

Of course, all of this assumes you have some room in your freezer.

I like the milk jug idea. Can you get them in blue for bucky?

Or pink for LW and Freese?

BIRDDOG!! Man, thought you died.

Keith, I been freezing water in bulk for 20 years. Maybe 40. Maybe some large number. I save every container I can get. The BEST ones are the cut out bottoms of cooking oil containers, cause they are thick. Also, wife drinks orange juice in "milk carton" paper containers, and I cut the tops out of those. Those are great, cause you can throw them away. The "good ones" I keep. When we clean fish at the lakes that have cleaning stations, the bulk containers not only hold the filets in the ice chest till we get home, but usually (if it ain't 100+) have some bulk ice left to put on top. The other good ones are the Walmart Flavored Water 1L bottles with top cut out. That's cause I always seem to need a smaller size bulk ice to stick in a 'hole' in the ice chest.

I have four freezers, two as part of refrigerators, a big upright, and a chest out in the shop. They've all got some kind of bulk ice in 'em.

As to keeping the bulk ice in containers without the tops cut out..........that just eats up too much room in the ice chest in the boat. Not a bad idea for camping, will think on that one. But I will start with bulk ice, either way, for SURE. But nothing is going to get cans cold except bagged ice...

The issue is camping. Can't freeze bulk ice if I camp for 5-7 days (although a lot of redneck camping fishermen that I see have a small chest in the back of their pickup, plugged in at the campsite.....the problem with that is the possession limit applies *2 day limit max*), so ultimately I'll have to go buy more bag ice.

And I will be using ziplock freezer bags for some stuff. I never said I wouldn't. But there are things I want to put into in a hard container, and if I can find waterproof ones, I'm set. I'm sure I'll have multiple ice chests, and they'll all have freezer bags of stuff, boxes of stuff, and whatever. I simply asked where to find waterproof boxes/containers, and there are those ADD types here that think I need to do everything their way only, and try to steer me towards that instead of listening to what I asked for!!! I didn't ask for alternative suggestions!! (just kidding, I'm always appreciative of alternative suggestions!!)
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Bucky I've bought stuff from this company and everything's worked great.
    If this can keep a camera dry, food should be fine too. I'd still put them in zip-locks, because I don't know if the container material is food safe

http://www.magellans.com/medium-waterproof-pouch

Sunny, those are nice. Academy sports has some like that in various small sizes.

But those won't hold a head of lettuce, or 5 lbs of HB meat. I would probably hold a couple days' worth of my fish catch, though.

Well, here's one last try. THESE ARE WATERTIGHT AND AIRTIGHT. I don't care what you say. I've used them for years and this is the exact brand I buy at the local grocery store.

BKB

http://www.amazon.com/Airtight-Conta.../dp/B0054PHHES

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Here's some watertight containers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=sr...tainer&ie=UTF8

42 !