Thread: What We Did In My Classroom Last Week...(Very Cool)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

What We Did In My Classroom Last Week...(Very Cool)

Every few years I have a friend come and demonstrate taxidermy for my art students. I consider it a unique three dimensional art form and the students love it.

This year he mounted a couple rare birds from South America and a whitetail buck.

Working on the deer.

Critters up and drying. Will paint and finish them later this week. It's been a ton of fun.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Hey is that my bird buddy?

One other question, how come we never had anything cool like that in my school?

Thanks for exposing kids to this art form Sky.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I went to school in the wrong place.

Although, where I went, we were likely to have the actual dead critters in our vehicles........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Dangit! All I ever had in school was reading, writing and 'rithmatic.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I didn't get to do much fun stuff when I was a kid in school either. However I had some pretty cool college teacher's that helped open my eyes to the potential of broadening one's education. Not to mention it's just my personallity to go against hum-drum conventional classroom activities. I've also introduced through teaching it myself or with help from guest demonstrators the following: Glass blowing, leatherwork, printmaking, pottery, mosaics, and airbrushing. It's all been fun and there's probably a half a dozen other outside activities I've brought in over the last 22 years I just can't get my old brain to remember what they are. Some of the current "fun" art my students are enjoying is splatter painting, melted crayons, and spray paint art. There's never a dull moment in the art room.