Thread: New camera

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar

New camera

I went out and broke down & bought a new Nikon 1 j1. I will give a update once I get her charged up and play with it.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Jealous! I want one of those little bad boys!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

So far I really like it. I have business trips to Chicago, New York City, New Orleans and Basking Ridge, NJ coming in the next month so I wanted something smaller than my Cannon D20 DSLR but I didn't want to give up a bunch of quality. I think this will fit the bill and with gift cards and rewards points from best buy I was only out of pocket $299. I got the kit that has the 10-30MM lens and Extra 30-110MM lens.

nikon.jpg
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

I think you'll find that in situations with good lighting, that N1 will smoke your 20D.

From what I've read, you should install the latest firmware for the N1. I think it's 1.2 or something like that. Most of the initial complaints were supposedly fixed with that firmware.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

When you be in chi-town?
    Ill be there on business Monday after Mother's Day thru that Thursday am... Staying at the "w". Wherever that is. Never been there.

Going to a cubs game with the big boys Wednesday I think. They playin the Rockies (?). We are on the Budweiser roof top. All I know is the bracelet I get gets me all the food and beer I can eat and drink.

Since I'm not a baseball fan, I will root for whoever anyone wants me too. I'm just there for the beer

That is when I will be there. Staying at the Hyatt Regency. Got a extra one of those braclets

Ill certainly see what I can do.

Trav, let me know how that camera works put. Loks to be a great camera for what we both like to do. The housing are still spendy but they'll come down. I looked at it last time when you wete scouting them out.
    Artie, Trav will run them out of beer with a bracelet. Poor cubbies.
    BKB

LJ looks like I am good it has the 1.2 Firmware. Barry, I will let you know how it works out

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I'll be in Chicago at the same time - and at the Cubs game on Wednesday....Trav - I think Equinix, Inteliquent, and a few others are throwing events on the roof tops.

Trav, make sure to hide the goat from Hombre.

BKB

Barry,

He's big time now that he's at Microsoft, I hear he travels with his own goat.

I just checked and our game is Tuesday.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Now that I'm a Seattlein I travel with two goats, making sure one isn't overworked...kindness to animals

You will prob get a gold star from PETA.