Thread: Hey Bucky. BEFORE you take out your popup......

Lightbulb Hey Bucky. BEFORE you take out your popup......

Not sure you know ( I think I posted it here) we bought an 06 fleetwood Yuma back in December. Tent camper for years, and we are loving this. Used it 3 times already.

Well... Woulda been 4 times...

Went out last Friday to a campground about 20 minutes from the house. It's on the next lake over from our house, on buggs island lake, or lake Kerr, depending on which side you live on.

Anywho, pulled in, leveled up , and wife and boys started unloading stuff from truck. While I started the pop up process. ... .... ...

I got about 4 cranks in, and POP!!!!! Immediately realized I forgot to unlatch one corner. Broke a cable. Hitched back up and drive back home.

What a dumbass move.

Googled it when I got home. Apparently a lot of other dumb asses out there. Forum posts galore about doing exactly what I did.

$37 for the cable, and best I can tell almost a full day pain in the ass to replace.

SO!!!..... CHECK your latches!!!

Hahaha, I've done the exact same thing and it is a pain to replace. The other thing is forgetting to close the roof vent before you close her up. Kind of a pain to reach in there and screw it back down when its down. And.....don't forget to go around to all four corners and pop up the levelers.
    I was once forgot my camper was behind me when I saw a doe in the borrow ditch at four in the mornong. Slammed it in reverse and the next thing I knew the camper slammed into the side of the vehicle. Completely threw off my shot.

BKB

Last sentence made me laugh...

An ought six sounds like a howitzer at four in the morning.
    BKb

Things like that are called a SPUT (stupid popup trick) and we have all done them.

On the bright side.... I changed it out today. Even with reading every instruction three times before making a move I still got it done in 2 hours start to finish.

Had to buy a 30$ swaging tool to crimp the ferrule on the cable. But... I never complain about having to buy a new tool
    Last edited by Arty; 05-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Finally. Trial run in driveway tomorrow. Going camping next week, somewhere..........I don't care if it hairlips the Pope.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.