Thread: Went Fishing

Went Fishing

Loaded up the jon boat early this morning, filled the thermos with hot black strong coffee and picked up Birddog at about 6:30. The sun was bright orange and I swear it popped up like it had broken loose from something. Just a beautiful early summer morning in a pretty place.
    We hit a pond we call The Big Round pond, because, well its a big round friggin pond. Prolly 4-5 acres, 24 feet deep in the center, gin clear water, and a weedline that extends about 10 feet from the bank. We found most of our fish in holes in the weedline. We both caught a few right off the bat on spinnerbaits but it wasn't long before the soft plastics hit the water. It was windy today and I think the Crazy Ivan count was up to four before we decided to go hop a couple of other ponds. First we hit a pond that isn't huge, probably 2-3 acres but produces quality ass fish every time. I caught four there that all went over 2 pounds. Keith busted a few nice fish. We stayed about and hour and hit The Boomerang' which is a big old pond, ten acres I'll bet, and is shaped.....you guessed it. This is a relatively new body of water for us. We've fished it a few times and I missed three quality fish there today. It has potential. We just have to figure out how to get our boat on there.
    A great day fishing with a great fishing partner. I think I ended up with 39 bass and 6 perch. Keith had somewhere in the neighborhood of 29 bass and 5 or so perch I think. So it was a productive day too. Released everything. Everything was fat and sassy too. Strong as mules today.

BKB

No pics????
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Only pic I took all day was one of a brand spanking new white faced calf and it didn't turn out so hot (forgot to take the wide angle lens off my dive camera). We don't take a lot of pictures unless we catch a big big fish. Too busy enjoying the day!
    BKB

So what I'm hearing is this trip never happened and there were no fish caught. It's a shame.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

There all on the big gray universal storage device and sometimes memory bank in my cranium. Wish you could see them.

BKB