Thread: Ruh roh George ...

Ruh roh George ...

I was scheduled for surgery on June 7th but just got a call from the hospital. They have a patient who's already been admitted and needs surgery once they get him stabilized. They scheduled him for the 7th and rescheduled my surgery for the 14th. Normally, that would be no problem, but the 14th happens to be Lynn's and my 28th anniversary. So much for that surprise dinner at Texas de Brazil I had planned.

28 years of blissful matrimony... Oh wait..

^^^^ BAM! ^^^

He makes a good point. Anniversary of what? Going together? Going steady? Wearing your class ring? That woman is a Saint, a saint I tellya!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    You.......

Are such a goober.

So.....what day did it start?

Me and mama celebrate 43 years tomorrow. And I'm considering some "surgery" myownself...
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Got lucky, Friday night ... June 14th, 1985 ... she never went back home ... been cohabitating ever since ... how's that?

Hmmmm, that's interesting ... THIS June 14th is also a Friday.

Just take her a day early dufus, and tell her you just couldn't wait until the actual day.
    By the way, congrats!

BKB

Administrator
    Nobody wants a Friday afternoon surgery. All the docs is gonna be racing to get home and out onto the lake in their shiny boats. Bring a metal detector with you in case they leave scissors inside or something..
    Seriously, though, best of luck.

--Foo

Ha! My doc has his own practice and only does surgery at the VA on Fridays. He always schedules me first. One reason is he'll be fresh and rested. The other reason is in case a surgery gets very involved and takes extra time, there's no way I'll get "bumped". When I go in for follow ups, it's the opposite, he schedules me last so we can spend time b/s'ing and he doesn't have to worry about getting another patient in. 😄