Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Cappy ... I got's a monkey for ya'!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    7 or 9, who cares? The one very important thing that a vehicle like that is missing, is the good-looking bikini model showing it off!

Kribbs I would think the folks that did the restore job on that second truck you posted took the side vent windows out and remade one piece rollup windows to fit the whole door area. They most likely put power windows and AC in it too. I don't think they were available with AC then.

I'd like to get my hands on a 1961-63 1/2 ton Ford truck to restore. They had a solid body from Front to back. The bed was not separate. It's called a unibody. They quit after a couple of years because the farmers were twisting the beds up bad crossing ditches and such.
    They are neat looking trucks.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

That's persactly what I was thinking Cappy. I don't think ANYTHING came with no vent wings in those days. It must be an extremely popular conversion and I assume some after-market conversion parts must be available. Half the "restored" trucks of the era that I see, have no vent wings. It sure makes for a cleaner side view, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, the '61-'63 bed fiasco was one of Ford's "better ideas"!

Yep it may have been a flop as far as useability but it sure made for a cool collectable in the long run.
    Neat looking truck restored.
    Take Care, Captain

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Cappy, I had a buddy in California who had one of those unibody Fords years ago. It always looked like a Falcon P/U from the side (to me). Anyway, we were going to the Colorado River for Labor day weekend and he was taking his boat ... a pickle-fork with a built-up 454 Chevy motor and two 4-bbls. Problem is, the boat would only run on Avgas and he had to haul his own fuel. He loaded that truck with all the various gear, including two, empty 55-gal. drums. We headed out to the airport, filled the drums, got ready to leave and couldn't get the dang doors open! The body had flexed so much with the load, the doors jammed shut! It was a looker but it sure twern't no hauler!

That was one of the major complaints with the truck. That and the bed would twist and dent.
    Guess he had to off load some fuel to get in the truck.

Yep, it was a little regional airfield and they brought out this little micro-mini "fuel truck" thingy to pump the fuel out. He sold that thing and bought a Bronco. He was a died-in-the-wool Ford man. We still stay in touch ... he now lives on Maui.