Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ride.

I will admit to trying boiled peanuts but I don't think the term "like" was ever used. The only question that comes up is why would you boil them when they taste so good dry roasted and salted?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Don't know who he is, but he's my MAIN MAN!!!

(These guys would boil pancakes, Riv)
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    You answered the question correct, you may now proceed to post as often as you like.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Nice ride dude!

That 5.4 has plenty of power. Not the best mileage. Mine gets 15-16 around town

Unbelievable! Here I am in the hospital, in recovery and youse dufes are talking behind my freshly sliced and diced back! Bunch'a low-life's! 😉 Surgery went very well btw.

Glad to hear it Kribbs!
    Hope this is the last survey and they got you all fixed up!

River, Welcome aboard!
    Take care, Captain
    PS: boiled peanuts are the official snack food of Goodhunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Did I miss a memo about the boiled peanuts????? Was there a vote? I think something as serious as "official snack food of Goodhunting" deserves a vote. Is this a communist website? Where am I? (Chanting) BOILED NUTS SUCK BOILED NUTS SUCK BOILED NUTS SUCK....... say that really fast 3 times...... How about a vote?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I think maybe the new guy likes to suck boiled nuts. Better not ever let he and Thumper get together.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I'll just say I do not like boiled nuts but obviously a lot of people on this site do. Kinda disturbing. Wasn't this a FORD thread?

Yes, why do you ask? It simply means you're nuts if you buy a Phord.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by River1 View Post
    I'll just say I do not like boiled nuts but obviously a lot of people on this site do. Kinda disturbing. Wasn't this a FORD thread?
    BINGO!!! You have cracked the G/H code. I think there's an unwritten rule that any thread with over 8 posts has to have at least 2 subject changes.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Only Yankees and Bucky wouldn't like "bowled" (or is that boil't?) peanuts!

No, only ME AND RIVER MY MAIN MAN hate 'em.

And all of my family. Many of which.....ok SOME of which........are decent folks.

I don't like Fords either, but I'd own one. Some of 'em are nice. I even like Toyota's (if I didn't have to pull a camper). But I DO NOT BOIL FOODS THAT SHOULD BE PARCHED OR BAKED. OR FRIED. I boil.....um.....dang, there's little that I boil. Hot dogs on rare occasion. Ros'n Ears on occasion. Potatoes, if I'm making smashed taters. Chili (slow boil). Not much else.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 06-14-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Buckster.....I'll betcha my Toyota will out-pull your Chevy. Just sayin.

Cancer Sucks!

Bucky;

I boil.....um.....dang, there's little that I boil ..... Potatoes, if I'm making smashed maters.
    So you make your own 'mater paste? 'Mater sauce? Ketchup/Catsup? OUT OF POTATOES??????

Niner, you're on. Your Toyota won't pull my camper worth spit, and my Chevy will.

And Thump, WHAT? Are you still on drugs? Huh?

P.S.
    Did you come out ok? I can't keep up with all your medical travails.

Bucky; (you're slow today)

And Thump, WHAT? Are you still on drugs? Huh?
    I ain't much of a cook ... but even I know you boil potatoes to make smashed "TATERS"

Catsup is made from smashed "maters"!

Did I not say that one of the things I use 'boiling' for is smashed taters?

I hope you came out ok. I worry about you.

Buckster;

Niner, you're on. Your Toyota won't pull my camper worth spit, and my Chevy will.
    I don't know about that Buckster. You may be living in the Dark Ages. I don't remember what year Silverado(?) you have, seems like it's somewhere around 2008(?).

Don't know what engine you have either, so (just guessing) here's the 2008 Silverado towing specs:

4.8 Liter V-8 .... 6500lbs.
    5.3 Liter V-8 .... 7500lbs.
    6.0 Liter V-8 .... 10,500lbs.

So, for the sake of argument, let's say you've got the biggest and baddest 6.0 @ 10,500lbs.

(Co9 drives a Tundra)

The (big V-8) 2008 Toyota Tundra (and mind you, Toyota is supposedly conservative with their capacity figures) rates their towing capacity at 10,800lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Did I not say that one of the things I use 'boiling' for is smashed taters?

I hope you came out ok. I worry about you.

Dang Buckster! I spelled it out for you already. Just messin' with you so don't go Postal on me. I'll type slooooowly this time.

Like you once said ... it ruins the "joke" if I have to 'splain it.

You said you boil POTATOES to make smashed MATERS

I make MATER sauce out'ta "smashed MATERS" ... I make smashed TATERS with boiled POTATOES.

Keep reading it slooooowly ... it'll sink in .... (maybe).

Yeah. Toyota's are all over the Interstate pulling those travel trailers. Man I see a LOT of 'em. Well.............to be honest, I've yet to see one.

That's 'cause you live in the bassackwards State of Arkansas.

BUT .... what difference does it make ... facts are facts ... quit dancing.

I don't care either way. I am not against Toyota's (other than Japan doesn't play fair and let us build Chevy plants in Japan).........

I'm simply saying I see zero Toyota's pulling Campers. Last summer I pulled 3,415 miles through AR, OK, KS, CO, NE, IA, MI, MO, and back home........zero Toyota's were seen pulling campers. If you want us to be a backwards state, fine. Don't move here. But to me, backwards is another definition by Yankees and Goobers for "smarter than most, and very quiet about it".

And Thump, I see my typo now, fixed it. I had Maters on my mind because FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE (DON'T ASK) I MADE HOMEMADE SALSA A FEW MINUTES AGO! Son, it is larrupin. I had to make some without peppers, etc, for my wife. It tastes fine, but not much taste at all really. So I poured hers into a few little jars, and then added hot sauce, jalepenos, more Rotel..........and man o man, it is good.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Don't see them towing around here either. End of the month we have a really big shoot in the southern part of the state, maybe a 100+ campers, motor homes etc. Most pickups are diesel, if they are towing 5th wheels,mainly Chevy's then Dodge and Fords. Travel trailers are towed by 1/2 ton gas pickups, about evenly split between Chevy's (GMC) and Fords, very few gas Dodge pickups.
    I don't ever remember seeing a Yota towing a camper, guess I'll have to keep an out for one.
    Last edited by jb; 06-14-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Never seen one either, Bubba.

But these guys are Japanese believers. I think they're nice trucks. Just not enough capability for me.

Like ANYBODY'S gonna see much of anything but domestics in Michigan of all places!

https://www.google.com/search?q=tund...Fobc8wTZkoGQAg

I will readily admit that I have not pulled much with this truck........because...........CANCER SUCKS.

Cancer Sucks!

I know it's hype ... but it's still fun to banter. Heck, a bone-stock 'Yote can haul 300,000 pounds!!

Story: There are publicity stunts, and then there's using a Toyota Tundra to tow the 145-ton Space Shuttle Endeavour across interstate 405 in Los Angeles. That's exactly what happened Saturday night when Toyota lent a hand pulling the retired spacecraft over a bridge en route to the California Science Center. As it turned out, the Manchester Boulevard Bridge couldn't stand up to the weight of both the shuttle and the traditional tow vehicle, which sent organizers searching for something a little lighter to cover the five-minute drive across the bridge. As a 20-year sponsor of the science center, Toyota stepped in to help out.

|A Yugo would pull it too. Just needs a while to get started.

The issue is not pulling it. The issue is "pulling it easily".........

Driving out west with a pickup and a travel trailer............not many Yotes out there. None, actually.

I'll pull a Bucky bail-out and just admit you're correct (except for the Yugo bit).

They sell the piss out'ta them 'Yotas, but I have no clue where they're all hiding. People must be embarrassed to own 'em so they're hiding 'em in their garages or sumpin'!

I'll end the silly banter now.