Thread: Hey Bucky and LW

Hey Bucky and LW

Our boys of summer are 20 games over 500 very early in the season. Has to be one of the earliest ever. They can play 500 ball from here on out and be in the thick of a pennant race (heaven forbid they sink to 500). My question is: can I get giddy yet? This is just amazing. But 2005 still lurks in my brain. It ain't too early yet to brag is it?

Woo Hoo! Feeling good for the Bird on the Bat! Been following every dang day on the MLB app on my ipad. Man.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    It's a great year. And I'm giddy too. I'm beyond ticked off that I can't get up there this year. I know I shouldn't be THIS upset, but I am. To do it after Albert bolted, is special, too.

But one contributing factor, and one comment. One, the competition is AWFUL. I mean, downright sucky. Speaks poorly for MLB as a whole. Even teams supposed to be good (Nats?) are not. Second, even with all this success, and beating the brains out of everyone, the hated Reds are less than 3 games back!!!! Y'all Nascar guys surely understand driving in the draw of second???? Scares me.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Geoux Yanks
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nats have been hit by the injury bug big time so far thus year. Not making excuses, just explaining the poor start. I still think they'll be in the hunt come September.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I'm nervous. Pitching is scarey. Good but scarey. At least we have Descalso though. Couldnt resist.

Doesn't this belong over in the baseball forum?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

A good article that really points out all the talent and how strong of a position they are in and should remain good for the foreseeable future. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...d78b2ebf3.html

I thought Descalso was the emergency catcher, not the emergency pitcher....

What? He's Both?

Wow. Glad I bought his jersey!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Two of the greatest relief appearances in recent cards history, Miles and Spiezio. Descalso has at least what they had.

"Of" being operative word. The Secret Weapon's stint was #1............'

Know who MY emergency pitcher would be?

Molina.