Thread: Can't wait to see it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Can't wait to see it.

Just learned that the taxidermist finished my youngest boy's buck so my folks are bringing it with them to our place tonight. The plan is to have it up on the wall when he gets home from work and then see how long it takes for him to notice.

Good plan, That will be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Administrator
    Congrats, LW! My wife brings a compass into any new office I'm in and does the whole feng shui thing. You got off easy w/ just the paint.

--Foo

Well, Grandpa and Grandma came through so we now have a new resident on The Wall. We put the mount up while the boy was at work hoping to surprise him but after nearly 24 hours had gone by without him noticing it, little sister finally asked him if he was blind or what. This came as he was laying on the couch directly under the deer.

Anyway, here is the boy with his prize:
    Unknown-1.jpg
    Unknown-3.jpg
    Unknown-4.jpg

Though big brother gladly helped me put his brother's deer on the wall, he was tickled to see that his was bigger then little brother's. The boy's with their first bucks:
    Unknown-2.jpg

After putting the head up my wife announced that we were now done, no more heads in the room to which my daughter said not until she gets one on the wall, then we can be done.
    Though she likes them she won't admit it plus when her non-hunting acquaintances come out they get to say what a saint she is for "letting" me put the heads in "her" house. I think it looks good!
    Unknown.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Great animals all of them! I'm glad my wife and I have very few non-hunting friends. Anyone that complains about the taxidermy in my living room is probably someone I don't consider much of a friend in the first place.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Great looking trophy wall!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Rest assured BW, when those comments come they are not from our normal circle of friends and they DEFINITELY prompt a response on my part. That typically ends any further conversation on the matter.

Those are some really great mementos of what were obviously some great hunts. Looks good!

and as for your son not being much of a noticer.....well that runs in the family I reckon.

BKB

Nice wall! (ready for a Thump story?)

I had a similar experience (well, kinda similar) many years ago. My first really big buck was a 13-point and I was proud as a peacock. It was actually the first head I ever had mounted. I took it to a taxidermist in Ohio. I'd seen quite a bit of his work and really liked it. I was told it would take close to a year to get it back as he was loaded with work. After 9-10 months I decided to call and check on it's progress. The number was disconnected with no forwarding number! ARRRGGGHHH! I called my buddy up there and he made a trip into town to drop in and see what was going on. The shop was closed up and empty!

My bud asked around and found the taxidermist had gone through a nasty divorce, closed his shop and disappeared. Just dropped out of sight and nobody knew where he went. I was devastated, but at least I had pictures.

Four or five years later I was in Ohio for deer season and my buddy and I had been in town running some errands ... buying ammo, getting my out-of-state license, that sort of thing. On the way home, my bud said he wanted to stop at some guy's house to check on a duck the guy was mounting for him. I walked in and the dude was working on a deer head ... a really NICE deer head. I looked at it ... did a double-take and recognized it immediately! It was my 13-pointer! The guy took a hiatus after his divorce and basically dropped out of sight until he could get his head cleared. He then moved back to town and started doing taxidermy out of his house. He apologized and said he'd kept my deer in his freezer all that time and busted his butt to have it ready for me before I got up there for that deer season.

So Thump, let's see it!

Ha! I have all my pics on 3 1/2" floppies and no floppy drive on this here 'puter. I should dig out some of my old pics and re-scan them I suppose. I do have an old 'puter that crashed a few years ago. I suppose I could still just use the floppy drive to convert to CD's. It would be a LOT easier than rescanning/resizing all my old pics. I'll add that to my to-do list!