Thread: Day'um snakes......

Day'um snakes......

With all this extremely hot dry weather, the snakes are really on the move, looking for moisture.

About 1 AM, Sandy started barking out on the patio. I looked out the patio door, and saw a two foot copperhead, coiled up at the base of her water bucket.

Just as I got out there with a sharp hoe, Sandy went on the attack. She bit and shook that bastage until there was no movement.

I moved in, and chopped off it's head.

Buddy of mine has killed three copperheads, just this past week, inside his dog pens, near his dog's water buckets.

Copperheads are really the only snakes that I fear. They are perfectly camouflaged, and give no warning.
    Southern Gentleman

Been so wet here lately, I think all the snakes must have drowned. We've had about 6" of rain in the last week. TOTALLY ruined the 4th and the weekend.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Yep, saw that rain system on the radar.

Persistent rain bands stretching from the gulf all the way up north.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    If all the snakes drown it would be a dream come true for me. While y'all have more different kinds of snakes in the South we certainly do not have a shortage of rattle snakes here in Montana, though I really wish we did!

Heres one of the three copperheads that my buddy has killed in his dog pen....he said this one struck at his arm, but missed, when he was opening the door in the dark.

COPPER.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 07-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Another frigging snake crawled across the carport last night....however, this one was a 5 foot chicken snake....Sandy made short work of him.
    Southern Gentleman