Thread: DIY Firewood Kit......

DIY Firewood Kit......

Here's what happens when you get too much rain over too long of a period of time. We've had more rain so far this year than we had ALL last year. We got 5" to 6" here over the July 4th weekend. Woke up Sunday morning and looked out the front door, and saw a big rootball between the house and the road!

Oh well, at least it didn't hurt any other trees (that I can tell) on its way down. It should provide quite a bit of firewood once its cut up and split.

BigTree.jpg
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Looks like good wood too, maybe hickory. Hard to tell on this little phone screen.
    We had 4 inches one night last week alone. We have had so much rain, literally EVERY DAY for the past 4 weeks. We have not even started on our 2nd cutting of hay and no chance to in the foreseeable future either.
    I've never see rain like this, this time of the year. And humidity so high you can cut it with a knife.
    We need a break!
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Same happened to me a few years back Mr. Crownine. We had THREE hurricanes in a row come through here in three weeks (every weekend times three!). Normally in a hurricane, except for a direct hit by a BIG one, most of the damage is water damage. I had eight HUGE pines in my front yard. When the third hurricane came through, the ground was saturated. We didn't really have much wind, but every one of those trees came down ... one on my neighbor's house. Once that ground is saturated, there's nothing to hold the roots in the ground.

I guess I need to grease the preacher's palm some more because we haven't had a drop in nearly a month....it rained persistently from Jan. thru May, but when it quit, it 'sho 'nuf QUIT.
    Southern Gentleman

Same here. We're still pretty green from the good spring we had but we're a bit behind still and in our dry spell we always have in the summer. won't rain much from now to mid August if it follows the pattern.
    BKB

Well, we're watching that hurricane south of here. S'posed to make it's way up to the area sometime around this weekend. So far, it doesn't look like it'll be a problem.

Heard about something that's kind of interesting this summer while we were in St John, and thats the effect of dust from the Sahara desert in the Caribbean and in Florida. There were some really hazy days while we were there and the locals told us it was from the dust from Africa and that it was good because it kept the hurricanes away. when I got home I started googling it and sure enough it does effect hurricane season. and possibly coral reefs and some other shit. An interesting thing, and there's some cool photos from the ISS too.

BKB