Thread: Posthole, you got your wish

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Posthole, you got your wish

Boggs to Rockies for eight dollars and a used water cooler.

Also, Worthless Wiggington fired.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Yep, glad to see it. My own personal prediction is they're looking for a middle aged set up man for the pen. Its the one glaring weakness. Blazek obviously needs some more time in the minors and they've tapped the internal youth movement about as much as they can. With all of these great bullpen pitchers like Seigrist and Kelley and Rosenthal, it defies logic that we don't have a good guy that can either close it or set up the closer. Blazek about gave me a stroke last night.

Not sure Mo will do anything, but if he does, that's where I see our obvious weakness is. and he needs to be old enough to shave.

BKB

HAHAHAHA

Good one.

Motte was the key, and he got hurt. That's cascading down into other areas. But you are right.

I heard they want Papelbon. That would move Mujica back where he belongs, and allow Rosenthal and others to grow normally. Not sure how much money they want to spend............
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And I found it interesting that they called up another catcher. I wonder if Tony Cruz is trade bait? For his sake, you almost hope he is. He's good.

They called up the catcher in case Yadi needed more time with his knee. They won't keep the 3rd catcher up for long and I don't think they have any desire to trade Cruz...

Man, they got to trade SOMEONE, if they want a pitcher, and there ain't no one I'm willing to give up.

Course, I ain't Mo.

Looking at it objectively (and as a fan for me that's impossible), Descalso, Kozma, and Shane Robinson would all be trade bait depending on how badly they feel they need more middle relief. Any of those three have existing starter level replacements and there's more behind them in line in the minors. So I'd count on it being one of those three if its anyone.
    I'd hate to see any of them in another uniform.
    BKB

Salas, Scrabble are definitely on the available for trade list and then after that it all depends on what level of pitcher they are looking at and how much time he has left on current contract... I don't see Mo trading any of the good young pitchers for a rental player..

I do, if he is the ONE cog needed. But I'm with Posthole.

Guy named Glen Perkins, a lefty who plays for the Twinks looks like a god prospect but he'd be expensive. Jesse Crain (White Sox) would also be a nice fit. There just ain't a lot out there.
    BKB

Ha. Let the record show that I've spent probably years trying to convince you that there are not 260 true Major League quality type pitchers on Earth.

The thing that scares me is that in the second half reality is going to set in with all of these rookie phenoms. The second time through the league and all of those teams will have a book on these pitchers and can plan better for them. It'll be a different song they'll be singing the second half. So we'd best be 20-25 games over going into the second half of the season because I think it will be tough to be .500.

BKB

Again, I agree.

I also see that there is a huge division in MLB. Cards can hammer the Astros, but seem to falter against teams with equally good players. I attribute that somewhat to youth (sort of echoing what you are saying). And MLB is a strange game............162 game season has no equal in sports. To sustain that through an entire season is amazing. That's why it's so hard to repeat.

and it's why I love this game.

Depending on what baseball does with this Biogenesis scandal and when, the whole deck could get reshuffled. It could seriously affect the trade deadline and what teams are willing to spend. I haven't heard of any Cardinal players names mentioned so far. Have you? Ryan Braun (or as my son calls him 'That goddamned cheating BrewJew') is gonna be toast this time around and justly so.
    BKB

Yeah, him and A Rod. Good riddance.

But........there's apparently a lot more........just have to wait and see.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    If they're gonna nail A-rod then they need to go back and get Bonds. Course that would be discrimination
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I don't think Bud Selig has the balls to go after A-Rod and Braun and Peralta. That's going against two of the things he would sell his soul to Satan for: the New York Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers (who he still protects in every way he can). Why the hell didn't they nail Braun the first time around? Selig will find a way to soften then blow, just wait and see. there'll be penalties, but nobody will get suspended for very long. which ought to make Cabrera a very pissed off guy.

BKB