Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please explain something to me....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    BM - Thinking of it a little more. It makes no sense that the upload would be higher than your down load. Are you uploading videos, pics, regularly, and more, than you are watching them? Also, is anyone playing on-line video games? Multi-player games will be more even with upload / download usage they are updating environments around the player but relaying the player actions up. Other thing could be if you don't have a secure WIFI connection.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Sunny, listen. read!

Here's what you said:

What I'm trying to say is if he has unlimited house phone connection, with internet access, he can hook his wifi to his house server.

He does NOT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION through his home phone line. None. Zero. Nada. the ONLY internet connections he has are A) through his satellite provider and B) through his wireless phone.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Hombre, the answers are no, no, and no....no uploading videos, no video games, no unsecure wifi connection....I can't figure it out, either.
    Southern Gentleman

Sunny, what sorta cell booster are you referring to???....I need one at the lakehouse.
    Southern Gentleman

Is it specifically designed for Att phones or will it work on other phones, as well???
    What's the price???
    Southern Gentleman

Sunny, I am intrigued by that device!
    IF Verizon has a dealie like that I would be VERY interested in getting one.

At The Farm, I have a couple of bars at the gate/road, but the property goes down hill and at the cabin we have No Service on the phone(s) display(s). I am wondering if something like this could take it from "No Service" to a bar or two?
    Do you have to plug it into a land-line or have land-line access at all for it, or is it totally stand-alone and just uses the cell waves to work?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Ed, might boost your signal.

But it'll also increase your internet usage..............every time you use it.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

If you're simply trying to get cell service at the lake house ... this might work. (not sure what phone you have)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilson-81522...item4601b12990

Niner, it's called a FemtoCell. All carriers have a version of it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/d...twork-extender

Well, BLAST!!! I was hoping this would be a possible solution......but maybe not....

What type of Internet connection do I need for my Network Extender?
    Your Network Extender will work with most broadband or DSL connections (from Verizon or another Internet service provider). A minimum broadband speed of 1 Mbps is required.

We have ZERO internet connectivity at The Farm, and IF we did it would probably be dial-up.

What I was hoping to find, was something that I could connect an external antenna to. I could BUILD an antenna for the correct frequencies and put up on a power pole or pine tree or somesuch, and then run the coax to a box that would "rebroadcast" the cellular signal so that we could use the cellular phones down in "the valley".

As it is, I have two choices.
    #1 Ride up to the gate and use the cellular service.
    #2 Call out (most normally long distance....using a calling card) on the land-line at the cabin.

Being as I am also a Ham Radio operator, I have thought about installing a 2-meter radio in the buggy and seeing if I couldn't hit one of the "local" repeaters if I had an "incident" and needed help.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Caution ... cover your eyes! Blind link above!

Then YOU are blind. Anyone can read can see it is from CNET........

Ain't that the Chinese Nude Entertainment Troupe?