Watch 'Oblivion' last night on the recommendation of my oldest son, who at times is a bit retarded in his sci fi and general movie recommendations. This one though, is a good one. This one is a 'throwback' type movie I'd say in that it doesn't take itself too seriously and will remind you of sci fi stories you've read and enjoyed. In fact it has some pretty obvious tips of the cap to some earlier sci fi stuff, like the working team of two gathering energy from earth and sending it away to a space colony (Asimov.....one of the I Robot stories), some time traveling (Heinlein......Lazarus Long books), and some cloning (Herbert....Pandora series), and some good shoot 'em up stuff (Heinlein......Glory Road style). Even has Morgan Freeman, who must be resting up after pitching for the Cards the last couple of years. Glad he returned to acting.

Don't go into it with high expectations and you'll be entertained. Good movie. I think I'll watch it again tonight.

and no, I don't like Tom Cruise. But he's not Tom Cruise in this movie. He actually isn't half bad in it.

BKB