Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syria......Go or No Go?

Syria......Go or No Go?

I know people aren't gonna want to hear this, but I say fuck 'em. Its their problem. I don't recall seeing any Syrians, or Assyrians for that matter (is there a difference), stepping up and defending freedom or standing up for innocent women and children when the friggin' Palestinians were lobbing missiles into Israeli homes and businesses. In fact I recall they were calling for more.
    So, no, I hope we sit by and let whatever happens happen. sorry to be cold about it. But we still have one we haven't wrapped up in Afghanistan yet. No sense in getting into another.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    No go. Fix our own issues we have and quit sticking our noses in others business. Haven't we learned by now that we really have no clue as to the region cultures and idiosyncrasies. Most the time it seems we go in and the region becomes even more unstable by the people we help go into power.

A: How would going in there benefit our national security?
    2: Doesn't Congress need to approve military actions?
    III: Let's let the benevolent U.N. handle this one, and keep the heck out of it.

I still say, we need to pull all of our troops out of the Middle East, and post them along OUR southern boarder.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Oh shit. I agree with Barry.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Maybe I'm wrong.......
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Wow. And on a Neil Armstrong day. The eagle has landed.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Landed here too.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Not only do I say no-go, I say bring ALL of our troops home from every where.
    Then, shut down every day'um one of our embassies, and bring all of those folks home, too.
    Then, cut off every red cent of financial and military aid to every single frigging country, except Israel.
    Then, send our entire heavily-armed Marine Corp down to the Mexican border, and dare anyone to cross it.
    Southern Gentleman

Ditto what Cousin Eddie said!

Put me down for a hell no too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

It's like we're all geniuii... Geni... wicked smart
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I say GO!

(Sorry ... it's my job around this joint to NOT go with the flow.)

Hahaha....Thump, you're just like my brother in law....whenever we have a family meeting, everyone except him, gets together and decides beforehand what we actually want to do....then, we tell the b-i-l the exact opposite....works every time.
    Southern Gentleman

Growing up, I had an aunt and uncle (mother's brother) who were ALWAYS at least an hour late to any and all family functions. Holiday get-togethers, birthday parties, Sunday dinners ... it didn't matter, they were late. (99% of these functions were normally at my grandparent's house) It finally got to the point we'd always give them a time 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. early for the start of any family function and they magically started arriving right on time! The funny part is, I don't think they ever caught on. Before, we'd usually wait until they arrived before we served dinner or started the party ... that never really changed, it was simply OUR time now instead of theirs!

I hate it when people are late. Just means they care nothing for anyone else's time at all.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Had a couple we used to travel on motorcycles with. Finally, no matter the destination, we'd leave from their house. We all agreed (there were three other couples)to be an hour "late" and invariably he'd be packing the last of his stuff when we got there. Worked great.. he never seemed to catch on or didn't care.

I agree with Barry.. It's disrespectful.. and I have been known to just "leave" instead of waiting.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

And then you have the other side of the coin. Back in our duck hunting days, I'd leave the house on Saturday morning about 2:30 AM to get to our duck lease around 4:45 or so. Every time, my buddy Mallard Fillmore would be sitting on the tailgate of his truck drinking coffee (usually with a bit of 'sweetener' in it that smelled suspiciously like Wild turkey) and the first thing he'd say was 'Where the hell ya been?'.
    So I started going down there on Friday night. Which meant we'd drink all night and fall out to go hunting at 4:30. Literally fall out. I don't know how I made it through those duck seasons. I know for a fact one season I didn't spend a single weekend at home during the season.
    I guess being divorced has its perks.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I miss duck hunting.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Eddie MY MAN!
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

This growing unease comes as the Obama White House will brief members of Congress later today about the chemical weapons that the Syrian regime reportedly used against its own people in its violent civil war.

That's a sentence from today's news.

Uh............DUH!!! Anyone heard this before????? Anywhere??? Anyone???
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

You talkin' bout the Kurds, man? We didn't do nuthin' bout no chemical weapons used on no dang Kurds. We didn't do nuttin bout no Ruwandans neither.
    We don't need to be doin' nuttin here neither.

No wait, youj're talkin' WMDs. We shouldn't a done nuttin about no WMDs. And dumbasses are saying in public (our legiscritters and white house pukes) that they're afraid Syria will use chemical weapons against the Unites States.
    Ha. Fat chance. Lyin' muthaf----s.

BKB

No, I'm saying that this is the 2nd president in a row that has said that we need to bomb someone because they used chemical weapons on their own people. And "we didn't do nuthin about it" is disingenious. It led to it.....directly.

And it apparently will here, too, but somehow this guy will skate on that.

Fine, so I'm the onliest American that makes the connection. Whatever. I don't mind being Superior.

I don't get your point at all. Who'd we bomb for using chemical weapons?

And Saddam used chemical weapons in 1988 against the Kurds. We went to war over his supposed WMDs in what, 2003? That's only 15 years. Yeah I guess it was related.

BKB

I don't care WHEN he actually did it. I care WHEN the sitting president used that event as justification to do stuff to Iraq.

Never mind. I should learn to not argue with a Democrat.

However, I voted like a Democrat in the Fishing Poll.........I voted with the majority for the prettiest candidate!!!

You're just looking for something to blab about Obama for. This ain't a political thread. Its about war and why we should or shouldn't go to war in Syria.

BKB

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick, name two things MORE political than war!!! HURRY....

*snort*

And here's another thing. The goddamned Brits keep saying we gotta do something we gotta do something. Well then, send a few friggin SPADs or whatever passes for a British fighter jet these days into Syria and knock yourself out. Its like they're saying we gotta do something only the 'we' is US.

And to be truthful, AND political, out idiot president and our idiot congress who are equally and reprehensively responsible for this idiotic sequestration have probably fixed it so we can't militarily respond to anything right now. If words were bombs we could carpet bomb the whole goddamned middle east. But unfortunately, they've about ruined our military capability with this crap.

And that's all I'm saying about that.

BKB

The Brits told their PM he couldn't do squat unless Parliament said so. So they ain't gonna do nuthin'.

Our Congress is trying to say same thing.

Syria can burn to the ground. Their problem. And the only military capability we need these days is protecting our border, and we ain't gonna ever do that, so it doesn't matter if its ruined, I guess.

And that's probably not all I'd say about that.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I'm not sure why chemical weapons are such a big deal anyway. It's ok to drop a 500lb bomb on people but not poison them? They're dead either way, ain't they?

Good point.

BKB

after a few agonizing days, yeah.

Administrator
    It's an awful situation.. So, we put our soldiers', sailors' and airmens' lives at risk to go and help Al Qaeda? This must be Bizzarro world. Granted, can't let chemical weapons go unchecked, but damned, this sux.

--Foo