Thread: Dang! Gonna miss a good one. (for you sports nutz)

Dang! Gonna miss a good one. (for you sports nutz)

Lynn and I are taking a little trip for a week or so. Leaving tomorrow morning. We'll be headed to Alabama to the lost luggage place for a couple days to stock up on e-Bay items, then we're just gonna "wing it". May go to Birmingham ... not sure yet. Anyway, there's an estate sale here in town this weekend that looks like it has some pretty neat stuff ... but I'll miss it. It appears there's a pretty cool autograph collection. I figured you sports nuts would like some of these if you wanna come down and fill in for me.

The base-ballers are toward the bottom. I think that Mickey Mantle/Whitey Ford deal would be super cool. (5th up from bottom)

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION with CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY:

1996 Olympic Girls Gymnastics Team Autographs, 6 of 7 Signed 16x20" Photo Poster

Osi Umenuri Autograph, Signed 16x20" Photo Poster

John Gruden Autograph, Signed 16x20" Photo Poster

Mark Bavaro Autograph with Kevin Boss Autograph, Signed Photo

Hank Stram Autograph, Signed Photo

Gaylord Perry Autograph, Signed Photo

Duke Snider Autograph, Signed Photo

Mickey Vernon Autograph, Signed Postcard

Raymond Berry Autograph, Signed Photo

Dan Quayle Autograph, signed Newsweek Magazine Cover

Boomer Esiason Autograph, signed Sports Illustrated Magazine Cover

Joel Grey Autograph, Card

Tammy Grimes Autograph, Card

A.J. Hawk Autograh, 8x10 Photo

Arthur Fiedler Autograph, signed Card

SI JOHNSON AUTOGRAPH, Signed Photo Matted w/Babe Ruth photo (Silas Johnson is known as the man who struck out Babe Ruth 3 times in one game. That event has been titled "The Day The Bambino Bombed". Ruth stopped playing 4 days later and retired shortly thereafter.

Tony Gwynn Autograph, Signed Photo, framed

Ken Griffey Jr Autograph Photo

Mickey Mantle Autograph with Whitey Ford Autograph, Dual Signed Photo, Framed, includes photo of Mantle signing the actual item

Brooks Robinson Autograph with Frank Robinson Autograph, Signed Photo

Pete Rose Autograph, Signed Photo 8x10

Stan Musial Autograph, Signed & Matted Photo

Emmett Kelly Jr. Autograph, Kelly signed the box for a "Baby's First Christmas" tree ornament (included in the box). Ornament made by Flambro.

First thing that jumped off the page to me was Dan Quayle....who in heaven's name would want his autograph???....oh yeah, maybe the Nat'l Potato Assn.

However, I'd love to have the Mickey Mantle-Whitey Ford autograph or the Babe's, too....bet they both will fetch some serious bling.
    Southern Gentleman

Don't know Edward. This is a small, sleepy little town and these sales usually don't draw any "high-roller" types. I understand the estate is that of a local attorney who recently passed away. Pricewise, there could be some real bargains to be had here. I'll never know but I do know the guy putting on the sale ... I'll prolly ask him how things went next time I see him.

Dang, I'd just about be willing to call your buddy and make an offer, if there won't be a lotta folks there to run up the prices.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I'd give Ed's right finger for Brooks Robinson's.........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Too hard to verify. Especially Mantle. I had a authentic Mantle signed baseball that I gave to someone as a gift, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't his sig.
    BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Never met the man or woman that I wanted an autograph of. Well maybe Shania but that would be it
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Too hard to verify. Especially Mantle. I had a authentic Mantle signed baseball that I gave to someone as a gift, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't his sig.
    BKB
    I guess you missed the title P-hole ...

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION with CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY

I'm worried about old Posthole, his noticin' has been off lately... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Certificates of authenticity don't mean shit in that busness. I'm telling you, its like the arrowhead artifact trade. Full of frauds. I'd stay as far from it aspossible.
    BKB

Oooooo, such a trusting soul! I'll be about 625 miles away from it ... is that far enough?

Actually, it's the estate of a prominent attorney here in town and he has a pretty snazzy house and expensive hobbies. Doesn't mean the stuff is legit ... but I'd hate to be the one who tried to screw an attorney by selling him bogus COA's!