Thread: TW just called ...

TW just called ...

... he said it took him forever to get through as he kept screwing up when dialing. Anyway, he wanted me to promise to tell all youse dufes hello and he misses everyone here. He can't post at G/H and can't even e-mail because his memory is so shot he keeps screwing up. (the cancer is all through his brain) His computer is so fubar now it's about useless.

It's sooo sad ... it's like I want to do something for him and know there's not a damn thing I can do. He has quite a bit of pain even though they have him on all sorts of pain medication. He has a home care nurse coming in now and they want to put him into hospice, but (his words) ... he'd rather die at home. It was very difficult to hear/understand him but we talked a good 15-20 minutes. I could hear his voice weakening and he kept forgetting what we were talking about in mid-sentence, so I wound the conversation down to let him get a bit of rest.

Man this sucks! I really love that old Canuckian. Please send him your thoughts and prayers in whatever way you think they'll reach him. He's one of the good guys.

Yep those are tough times.
    Noting we can do and no right words to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Amen. It feels like there ought to be something said or done though, like Jim said. There just isn't.

BKB

I have no words. Cannot think of anything to say that is "right". I'll be sending up some more prayers for him.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Gus McCrae: I don't want to start thinking Woodrow of all the things we should have done for this good man.

my opinion too
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    We're all confused, Terry. Some more than others. But none of us are confused about you. We love ya. A lot. Best times of my life were with you.

Hang in there, and know that we care.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Thankyou for the update.
    Sending prayers to him always.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Damn. Don't know what to say other than hang in there, buddy.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this news.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Sad news Jim. He is lucky to have someone like you to stand by him in this situation. I'm sure I speak for all of us in thanking you. You're a good man.

Will

Oh, I don't deserve any special credit. Admittedly, we were pretty close and we were able to spend quite a bit of personal (1-on-1) time together which I will always cherish. We even had a little "private joke" running between us for a while which culminated with a "care package" he sent me while I was in the hospital. He would communicate with more of us if he were able, but he's pretty incapacitated right now and his mind simply isn't working as it should. He's tried to post here but got all discombobulated and frustrated. Barry stepped up and helped him last time by resetting his password for him, but he just screwed it up again and hasn't been able to drop in. As an example, he tried to send me a message from his Blackberry last night, but all I received was the letter "J". (I assume for Jim) Evidently he messed that up somehow and that's the last I heard from him.

He was going to try calling Barry after we talked. I gave P-hole a heads-up and he was on stand-by last night, but he never got the call. I'm assuming Terry had more of the same problem and simply couldn't dial out successfully. I asked Terry if he'd talked to Johnboy recently and he said he had not, then said he should give John a call also. No clue if he was able to or not.

I felt closer to Terry than anyone here ever realized and this is tearing me apart really. I feel so helpless.