Thread: Proud Dad

Proud Dad

My oldest, Bailey seems to really be getting a focus on what she wants to do in life. She was nominated and got Editor in Chief of the Yearbook this year as a Senior (it's a big ass job). She was recruited by a company called Game Day that provides media coverage of high school sports and just had a story published, as well as all her images from the big game marketed by this company. The company is a little exploitative in my opinion (she gets $.50 per purchased image) but she is over the moon happy with doing it all and getting the experience. It all comes very naturally for her.

The pragmatist in me wants her to choose something she can sustain herself with and make a decent living, the Dad in my is quite happy and content to see my kid chase something she loves to do.

So.... there it is.

Here's some of the images she shot from the game. She's a natural "storyteller" with many of her images.

http://smu.gs/19sfMas
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Looks good. She has a good eye for composition. As for the job, we all have to start somewhere so kudos to her. The best job in the world is one we love to do. I was never that lucky in my career.

That's the whitest football team I've ever seen.

Nice shots! Pretty cool when they really show their talent isn't it?

BKB

Cool stuff indeed!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Cool beans. Don't worry about the "exploitation" .. she's in h/s ... look at it as an "internship". Most interns are lucky if they get paid ANYTHING. I don't know if she's leaning this direction as a career move ... or if she has college plans, but if she's going to seriously pursue this as a possible career, she may want to check around and see if there's any possibility of getting college credits for that work. Just a thought (and maybe a bit of a long-shot).

Congrats Dad!

Good stuff Len.

Congrats you have every right to be extra proud!
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Administrator
    NoVa is culturally diverse. They have northern West Europeans and north east Western Europeans. There are a couple south east West Europeans, but it's a small minority..

--Foo

Good on both of ya!

Quote Originally Posted by FooBang View Post
    NoVa is culturally diverse. They have northern West Europeans and north east Western Europeans. There are a couple south east West Europeans, but it's a small minority..

--Foo
    I think Foo just surpassed Archer for "a post of few words".