Thread: got lucky today. sort of..

got lucky today. sort of..

Today while working at the station, the boys needed a little help up on top of one of the trucks which happens to be about 60,000 lbs and 10 feet tall. In the course of events, I managed to misstep and fell to the concrete floor below, landing on my left hip. Strangely enough, I managed to have some time to think on the way down. 1st thought, "what a dumbass". 2nd thought "this is going to hurt". As soon as I hit, all I heard was several guys saying "chief, stay down etc" yet I immediately jumped back to my feet and dusted myself off. I didnt seem to be broken so I went with the cure it or kill it rationale and went and changed clothes and ran a couple miles that seemed to loosen me up. May not be able to get out of bed tomorrow but tonight seem to be good. Still having that thought though "what a dumbass". I hope everyone is having a great day and being even more lucky than I am.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    What's the saying "God looks after drunks and dumbasses"
    Glad you're OK
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

This dumbass was definitely looked after.

Glad you are OK
    You watch that over the next few days. A good buddy of mine did the EXACT same thing off the top of the ladder truck at Station 26 here. Thought he was fine and even worked his two day shift. He had a hairline fracture in his hip and it started shifting. He had a hard time with it for several months after the surgery.
    So be careful, and pay them aches and pains attention for the next few days.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Probably good advice. Thanks.

I've met some of Captain's friends. They're a shifty bunch by nature.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I've met some of Captain's friends. They're a shifty bunch by nature. BKB
    Present company included??? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well hell yeah. How'd you think I knew what to watch out for? Takes one to know one!
    BKB

I actually feel great. Hope it keeps up. Thanks for asking Sunny.