Thread: Opinions needed

Opinions needed

If a feller that primarily uses live bait to fish with was gonna be doing some fishing in the near future in a South Carolina pond, what kind of artificial bait for bream and largemouth would you suggest?

Oh by the way, nice place over here, didn't know there was a fishing forum.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Given the extensive southern fishing experience that I have (read: none) my suggestion would be poppers in a variety of sizes or probably better yet...whatever Cappy tells you to use.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how the trip turns out.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Jigs with 1" twister tails for bream and.. Bass . wow.. bet it's hot down there.. Grass Rat if they have any weeds or Plastic worms on the bottom.

Now - that said.. I have been lucky enough to fish around the country some and I've found.. Bwana's theory has merit. Ask a local (you can trust) what to bring or - say, "Figure on time for me to go buy what I need when I get there." Good Luck..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

4" or 5" Kinami flash in chartreuse and white. Rig it on a Gamakatsu # 2 EWR hook.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Idiots.

Those ponds require crickets.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Seems like I remember a feller named Bucky several year ago that told me he had a magic bream lure he was gonna bring to my farm and out fish me 3 to one. Even told me I'd be turning the crickets loose.
    I think in about 20 minutes you cut your magic lure off and we ended having to drive to town several times that week to buy more crickets.
    But I guess you don't remember that either. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Yamamoto Senkos, dark colors, 4" for bass, 3" for bream. Rig 'em weedless on an offset hook. No weight. Don't listen to anyone else. Except Cap'n when he tells you the little red Senkos I left him with one day on the river.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.