Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, I'm totally cornfuzzled! (Bucky would love this)

PLease hold, we're fowarding you to Engineering.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I hope you'll complete this survey about how delighted you were with our customer service.
    Thanks you very much.

BKB

Maybe there's a Quality Assurance issue in the manufacturing process of the black ink carts.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Ding, ding, ding!!!! Conine hit the nail on the head!
    I'm sure they will be contacting ol' Thumper for a survey on just how helpful they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

"came clear while testing"

I've had a few thousand of those kinds of troubles.

BKB

Yep, Engineering called at 8:30 tonight. I told them I gave up on them ever contacting me and I had important work to do, so I shit-canned my 8 month old HP, then bought a new Canon and couldn't be happier with it! They said if I'd hook it back up, they'd run me through the process of diagnosing the problem and I may need a replacement. I told 'em "thanks, but no thanks," I'm happy with my Canon. Jack-asses!

P.S. They don't care. 'engineering' is likely not even an HP employ. Tell me a contractor gives two shits bout a company's service when they don't even get paid by them. Biggest farce in American business history. We ought to buy foreign just to provethe point. Pisses me off.

BKB

Thump, I've had sheeit like that happen, too....aggravating as h3ll....just wondering, instead of missing you postal pickup, why not just print your shipping labels in a dark color, since those carts. were working???
    Southern Gentleman

You're prolly right P-hole ... I know what I said did not phase anyone at HP ... the only satisfaction gained was "self-satisfaction". When you're helpless and totally dependent on someone else, sometimes it feels good to at least THINK you finally gained a bit of power over them. Don't burst my bubble. (I DO hope they send me a survey though)

Eddie, good point and I honestly didn't think of it. Not sure how dark I could get with pink (Magenta), yellow and light blue, but it might have been worth a shot. The only real negative is I'd prolly shoot through one o'those skinny little color cartridges in about a week and they're pretty pricey. The black cart on the other hand is a big ol' honker. I do a TON of printing and go through an extra-capacity black cartridge in about 6 weeks.

Something about Pink mailing labels and Thumper just go together.... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Smart-ass ... make that "magenta" then!

The dumb-asses just sent me their Customer Service survey. I feel SO much better now!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Silly man.

NOBODY's Engineers speak English.

and my HP 7520 works like a champ. Occasionally loses contact with my router, but I am sure that's my router acting up.

You want my old Kodak Printer? It's shiny!!! It's also black. Their Engineers are in India too. Everyone's are. Welcome to Earth, The One World Society, and All That. Merry Christmas.

P.S.
    Get next one at Best Buy, and buy their warranty.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 10-10-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The dumb-asses just sent me their Customer Service survey. I feel SO much better now!
    To piss 'em off real good, answer all the survey questions in Spanish, or even better, in pig latin.
    Southern Gentleman

I see Smart-ass Bucky made it home!

Actually, it's working fine now. To be honest, all I've ever owned since my very first computer has been HP. I have a whole spare bedroom full of the damn things. They're like the old cell phone chargers ... get a new cell phone ... none of your old chargers work! (they're FINALLY changing that)

With all my printers, I'd get a new computer and the old printers wouldn't work with the new OS. I bet I have 10 of them here!

Well...........some of "they" is finally changing that!! There is a noticeable recalcitrant manufacturer.

If you have that many printers, try one of them. No reason a printer wouldn't work with an OS...???...???....??? So go try the latest one of those. Or sell them ALL on Ebay and buy ONE working one with a guarantee.

You're welcome.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Already tried ... that's why they were replaced with new ones. Some would last through a couple of operating systems ... others were useless and couldn't be updated. Try selling a used printer with an old OS these days. They're not even worth the gas money to drive them across town ... much less to ship. Walk into any thrift store ... old printers are a dime a dozen. This one is working fine ... I have no clue what the glitch is when changing cartridges. It sure was aggravating though.

Jim, this is a secret. DO NOT LET this out!

(all home printers do this. No one knows why)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Secret is don't change your OS. I bought a new puter 2 years ago but had them reinstall XP Pro. I have to run 3 different printers off my system ( Kodak ESP-7, HP Deskjet 1220C, and HP Designjet 500) and didn't want to fart around with a new OS. Hell, half the world still uses XP Pro.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Jim, this is a secret. DO NOT LET this out!

(all home printers do this. No one knows why)
    Not sure what you're talking about. I've never, EVER had a printer that wouldn't print after installing a new cartridge.