Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well what's it gonna be today?

Is that why they keep insisting its really a 'slimdown'?

BKB

Yea we don't what the IRS not to have enough money to make their Star track videos and have all those workshops....

I got cows, and don't drink milk
    Bet the cows don't know the government is shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THREAD EVER ON THIS SITE, AND I WAS NOT HERE TO PARTICIPATE AT ALL.

A) The government is NOT SHUT DOWN.

B) The part of the government that is "shut down" (only using THEIR words) is not worth having. They said it was "NON ESSENTIAL", didn't they? DUH!

C) Why would ANYONE want the government to NOT be shut down? What IQ does a person have to love government?

D) THEY CLOSED THE DADGUM BOAT RAMPS AND I HAVE A WEEK TO FISH BEFORE MUZZLELOADING SEASON STARTS. NOW I AM MAD. I ALREADY PAID FOR THEM. THEY ARE NOT 'MANNED' OR REQUIRE ANYTHING. THIS IS POLITICS AT IT'S BEST.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Yeah we wore ourselves out arguing about it. Sorry for you to have missed it. You'll have to wait until the dumbass republican 'leadership' make another classic Polish strategy move. That probably won't be long though. For someone who claims to have the majority of Americans behind the and claims to have the moral upper hand they sure are making some pretty desperate moves.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Yeah we wore ourselves out arguing about it. Sorry for you to have missed it. You'll have to wait until the dumbass republican 'leadership' make another classic Polish strategy move. That probably won't be long though. For someone who claims to have the majority of Americans behind the and claims to have the moral upper hand they sure are making some pretty desperate moves. BKB
    Only from your prospective.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Could you list one or two of these desperate moves they're making so I could comment profusely???? Just as a 'makeup' sort of thing, maybe????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Well, shutting down the government is pretty desperate, as is standing and talking about total bullshit for thirty hours on the Senate floor, not to mention forcing the country into defaulting. Those aren't exactly your run of the mill actions made by sane people is it? If you know of a successful business ran this way, I'm all ears.
    BKB

AGAIN..... The Senate shut the government down. The House passed a budget that totally funded everything except Bummer care... The Senate Democraps CHOOSE to shut her down. The shut down is their baby. The House did just as it is authorized by the constitution of this country. All finance bills START in the House, they have the RIGHT and the RESPONSIBILITY to fund or not fund any program. The SENATE democraps acting like spoiled kids shut it down. And Democraps have fillibusted too. In fact Democrat Strom Thurman hold the record. Same, same

Not sure thats the best correlation....If America was a business it woulda been bankrupt Years ago. Eons ago.

A Republican did that, not "The Republicans". That's not fair.

And I've missed most of it, but here's what I found out......seems Obama says "I'll negotiate anything" but what he means is "Give me a Blank Check or else", and he won't change anything. That's not negotiation.

Here's what I found out in just the last half hour:

Continuing House Resolution 59 has been passed repeatedly, each time "negotiating and compromising" things into and out of it, for days and days, and days, back to September 30, and the Senate rejects it and Potus keeps saying he'd veto it.

H.R. 3210 became law, and Potus signed it, to pay our Military, although the few commercials I've seen on TV while watching ball games, and the one time I inadvertently left ABC Nat'l "News" on too long, they said it was 'Shameful' (a great 'news' word, it seems) that Congress won't fund the military, funerals, etc. Craziness.

H.J.R 71 on 10/02 was to provide funding for Washington D.C. and again, Senate rejected, and Obama said he'd veto if passed.

H.R 73 Provided funding for N.I.H., and Senate blocked it. Obama said he'd veto it.

There's a whole bunch more.

So, I don't know who you think is playing "pure partisan politics" but you haven't mentioned the Democrats as having any guilt, not once, and man..........sure seems like it's the Republicans who are trying to negotiate, and the Democrats just simply sit and reject every proposal, while coming up with none of their own save "Give us a blank check or we'll hold our noses till the government defaults and then we'll blame you". You think that's negotiating?

Oh, and I STILL don't see how the government is "shut down". I see some bogus, b/s stuff shut down, and a few things that might be useful.........but the sun came up, the army is protecting us, and 'non essential' bloaters have sat down on vacation, with the PROMISE OF BACK PAY WHEN THIS IS SETTLED!!! That's not a shutdown. That's a paid vacation.

P.S.
    NO successful business would EVER dream up the Ponzi Scheme of Social Security. Geez.

P.S.S.
    Do you REALLY want me to list all the bogus stuff that Democrats have filibustered over, in past years? Seriously???? You want to cherry pick your political discussions, seems to me, Redhead.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 10-10-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Oh, and by the way........I consider Thomas Sowell to be the smartest man in America, and absolutely, hands-down, the most perceptive. Stanford Professor, credentialed out the wazoo, educated, and insightful. I wrote him in for POTUS once. I would vote for him for Benevolent Dictator if we had one.

So, for you to call him "My Hack" is............is.............is a compliment so high, so wonderful, so magnanimous, that I have been in tears for hours.

Thank you, sir.

Oh, and one MORE thing (SORRY I didn't get a chance before, ok? Sheesh)........

I said a year ago that there is no 'fixing' this country. No amount of tweaks and changes and 'compromises' is going to work, or last. It is going to take utter, total chaos, because nothing else will lead to the absolutely required mulligan that we need to start completely over. This system is a goner, and it needs replaced, not fixed. It won't ever be replaced if we keep feeding the fishes little bites of b/s.

So maybe, just maybe, this will do it. I doubt it. Such an action would bankrupt me, for sure. But it is needed for my grandkids.

And yours.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    The thing I haven't seen discussed - and quite possibly I missed it - and hell, correct me if I'm wrong. . We (okay, the Republicans) had ObamaCare shoved down our/their throats.. little to no discussion or debate - the Democrats had the votes and passed it.. POTUS signed it - done deal..

Well, now the Republicans (or at least the Tea Party) is/are swinging a bit of that lumber and they want things to go the other way.. and, suddenly, *they* are the assholes.?. One of my favorite sayings... "It all depends on whose ox is being gored."
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

You hit the nail on the head HH. Seems like some people have selective memories when it come to what happened. If you remember when OBummer care first started growing roots there was Senator from Mass named Kennedy that died... And shock of all shock a REPUBLICAN got that seat! So they (the Dems) knew if they allowed debate or compromise on the bill time would run on and this new senator Brown would take office and the swing vote would be to shut it down.
    So that's way Republicans were not given a chance to like or dislike any part of it. Remember Pee-losi said "we need to pass it so we can find out what's in it"..

From that point on it is, has been, and always will be a tainted law/Bill.

Who knows IF the Republicans had been given a chance to read it and understand it perhaps there would have been compromise THEN and we would not be here now...

So every bit of this is the results of the short sided, narrow vision, got to have our way, underhanded, back door, shit the Democraps stirred up and shoved down Americas throats...

This is the Screwing we get for the screwing we got....

Take Care, Captain