Thread: just a thought on this whole shut down thing

just a thought on this whole shut down thing

has anyone's life drastically changed in the last week? Seems like an awful lot of people have had to take care of themselves for a few days. That is the only difference.
    Anyone actually see anything dire? maybe we could do just fine with a long shut down, or we might all realize we don't really need a big government.

Mine hasn't. But then again I didn't get furloughed. Easy to sit here and say its no different when we aren't the ones paying the price.

I hope they shut the whole goddamned thing down. Then we'll see who has a pair.

BKB

They closed down a national park that provides me river access. I gave serious consideration to jerking the gates out of the ground with my truck but thought better of it. Barely.

I'm with BBP.

Lots of people around here are feeling some significant pain from the shutdown.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Life is happening all round these parts. The only people I here complaining are the people that get their livelihood from the government.
    Shut-er on down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Ummm, wait a dang minute! I get MY livelihood from the government! Well, kinda-sorta ... it's MY money, but they make it SOUND like it's theirs!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Lol, I don't doubt that things are going more smoothly. The respective parties have figured out how to protect their constituencies through a short term government shutdown. I'd say sending home the military forces save a skeleton crew and a few other like minded actions would wake up a lot of folks.

Let it go until they hash this shit out I say. To hell with this craziness every 6 months. I still say this is a direct result of jerrymandering. You have too many districts that have insulated themselves from the outside world. Goes for Ds and Rs. Too many wingnuts and faux budget hawks.

Will