Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My out the door rant.....

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    You do have a great point about the gas prices. When Bush was in office, everytime gas went up, it was blamed on him and his big oil connections. Now that the price is as high as it is, no one is blaming Obama for it or for not doing something about it.
    Exactly, and this is one area that affects us ALL across the board not only in the cost and amount of driving we do, but in the increases in cost on everything.
    And yet somehow the Lier in Chief gets a free pass. Where are all those Loud Mouth Demo's that raised hell at Bush over the 10 cent increases? Drinking the Koolaid I guess. It was a buck seventy nine the day Ding Dong walked in office and now it ain't no Nickle and Dime increase its DOUBLED under his watch.
    Take Care, Captain
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I honestly believe ... without a doubt ... he'll go down in history as the absolute worst (at best, second worst) President this country has ever endured. I'm serious about that.

I agree with you 100% except on the 2nd worse part...
    And I too an serious
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well, I agree he ain't much punk, but if I ask myself the old Reagan question, "are you better off an you were eight years ago" then I have to say yes I am. Financially anyway. The last bunch we had in there about tanked my 401k, put my company in the position of laying off a bunch of folks, and we spent a trillion dollars on the wars they got us into in the eight years previous, which is about what ACA will cost us in that same period of time. so we've had two presidents but the same bunch of assholes in both houses of congress that we keep electing.

BKB

I don't know who "we" is ... it sure wasn't ME!

Yea, vote me out of "we" too. I was a hell of a lot better off under Bush and even Klinton than we are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Let me say that when my turn at the government teat comes, I'll be suckling away with absolutely no guilt. Barring some catastrophic situation in the next couple of years, I will have paid in way more than I ever get back. I'm also not sure I'm better off today then I was 8 years ago. Sure, I make more money. But, that's because I've advanced in my career. If I made 8 years ago what I made today, I quite certain I wouldn't be better off. I pay way more for gas, groceries and, even though my health insurance isn't going up next year, health insurance. I also pay more in taxes, and will pay even more in the future, as a result of the ACA. If what my HR colleagues are telling me is true, I will also have reduced benefits in the future and more of the health insurance I have will be taxed. Frankly, some of that is okay with me in exchange for greater healthcare portability and changes to rules for pre-existing conditions for me and better access for the truly poor. I might feel different about that if I was seeing the kind of increases RT is talking about. Again, this is just my own personal calculus.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Well, I can say, without a doubt, I was MUCH better off 8 years ago than I am today ... and I DEFINITELY made more money then!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I was way better off 8 years ago.

I was 57.