Thread: New deer stand arrived, today.....

New deer stand arrived, today.....

I may have mentioned it before, but my favorite 25 year old deerstand of plywood, tin, and 2x4's has seen it's better days. The grandkids refuse to use it because they say it smells like rat turds, and really sucks.

In the meantime, I happened to google-surf for pre-formed deerstands, and happened upon this one....never seen one like it because most of them have to be assembled, and use plywood floors....this one is delivered completely assembled, and is all-gel/coated-fiberglass....no wood, at all.

A bit pricey, but I figure I'll never have to buy another one for the rest of my life....as a matter of fact, my b-I-l just finished building a new deerstand outta plywood, tin, and 2x4's, and he spent, including labor, within a couple of hundred bucks of what this fiberglass stand costs.

It was delivered today from Redneck Deer Blinds in Lamar, Missouri....they have their own delivery trucks, and unloaded it, right by my carport....the quality and workmanship is even more than I expected.

Kudos to Neil, the truck driver, and Jere, the sales rep....they made absolutely certain that I was pleased with my purchase and delivery.

http://www.redneckblinds.com

shooter-5_lrg.jpg

shooter-1_med.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 10-26-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

BTW, I had never in my life ever heard of Lamar, Missouri, until the day I ordered the deerstand....that very night, I was watching a bio of Wyatt Earp, and learned that he and his family lived in Lamar for a long period of time....a coinkydink, as Thump would say.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    If you placed that on the ground it would make a nice "two holer":wiggle
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Looks too much like a coffin with small windows to me.

Mine cost $285

Last edited by Buckrub; 10-26-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Looks good Eddie! If it ever gets cold enough you can put a heater in it and that thing will be warm as can be.
    And you right it'll last forever with those materials

Bucky, you are a freakin' idiot of the first order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I'd like to see a pic of the inside of that thing. Does it have a jacuzzi tub?!

Eddie, I've looked at those before and like them. However I've got access to the ACM material (aluminum composite material) that will last forever and is not effected by heat/cold. So I've been building tower stands out if that stuff for several years now along with either steel or all aluminum towers and ladders.
    These this will be around for my great grand kids to hunt.
    If I did not have access to this stuff I'd be on those stands like a duck on a June bug!
    Hope y'all shoot some biggun's out if it
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Why am I an idiot? Cause I don't like what you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Looks too much like a coffin with small windows to me.

Mine cost $285
    Damn son, I reckon they're gonna need a track hoe and a bulldozer to bury you when that fatefull day arrives if your coffin is THAT big. Heck, I've LIVED in smaller places!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I'm pretty fat.

I have massive case of claustrophobia. I can't even do an "open" mri. I've been in cappy's. I can do it but I'm dang glad to get out. I need to be able to see all around me.

His...and Ed's....are top quality. They will last a long time. That is great. It is. It's like the Toyota and Honda argument. If lasting a long time is your sole criteria then fine. But I want things that I like to use.

My preference is to spend two grand by buying a $300 stand that will last many years, a new gun and scope, and a new pair of boots. But that's just me.

I don't think I'm an idiot for thinking that way.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 10-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Looks like a piece of junk. If you'll haul it up here, there's a place down here on my lease, you can dump it. I'll even drag it out in the woods where no one can see it.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    How long until you get it broken in and smelling like rat turds again?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post

Mine cost $285

I think you got ......
    image.jpg

You obviously don't' have to deal with grand kids, hunting with you on a regular basis.

The way I look at it is, the more comfortable that they are and I am, sitting in the hunting woods, the longer they want to be there with me.

Best way to run a kid off a deer stand is to let them get cold.....and, hungry!!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 10-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

I've seen those set up at some putdoor shows. Pretty cool. I was wondering how noisy they are. It come with carpet or did you add your own?
    Even has a porch so its easier to get in the door!
    BKB

Took a look at the pics on their website. Looks like a first class unit for sure!!! It surely looks like they are built to last for many, many years out in the field.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Ed, good point. I put THAT stand up for my grandkids to hunt. But the only one that hunts is 20. He can crawl his buff self up that ladder by hisownself. I can see the advantage of taking kids. And thank you for doing that. You take kids hunting, you can hunt out of a boxcar for all I care. Good for you.

No, that's the simplest longest-lasting deer stand I could find and afford. It'll be there 20 years, but the sides and floor will probably only last 10 or so. That's fine with me. I'll be 75 flipping years old then, and need an electric catapault to get into any deer stand by then.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.