Thread: A Great Way to Start The Day

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

A Great Way to Start The Day

My Saturday morning got off to a great start. It was opening day of deer season, but I just couldn't get excited about it. One our deer population is rock bottom right now due to EHD killing most of the whitetails. Two, the weather was too nice to hunt (bright, warm, sunny day.) Three, I've got 5 weeks to hunt deer and the last two weeks is the best. So a fishing I did go. While I caught a number of browns and rainbows catching this 20" rainbow out of a tiny creek really made my day. I caught him, took a photo, and released him right back into the creek. Hope to see him again someday.

Catching the nice rainbow really made my morning and got it off to a great start. Later that day I was able to go to my son's football game. He's a senior and this game was for the Conference Championship. Long story short we won. Here's my son #32, he plays center. He weighs 180 lbs. The defender in this photo weighs 260 lbs. My son schooled him the whole game. Got to love it. What a great day.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 10-28-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Beautiful fish.. congrats.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Is that a pink cast?????

Two great pics. Way to go, man!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Watching him work over big #89 the whole game has a way of making a dad really proud. So please forgive me if I gloat a little. Besides it's not everyday you get to watch your son's team win a championship game.

Big Ol' #89 spent a lot of time on his rear/back.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 10-28-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Gotta imagine you got your fair share of chuckles out of the manhandling he appears to be dishing out. Good on him and congrats to the team.

Good looking fish. Looks like the lad was enjoying himself too.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Bwana I have to admit watching my son (who is playing with a broken hand in a cast), against a guy that big, and wrecking his day...well my buttons were bursting.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Didn't even see the 2nd pic.. congrats all around.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Any luck with them worms yet?
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I played defensive end, tackle, and offensive tackle at 180 in high school too. I think my biggest asset was I couldn't get out of anybody's way very fast.

BKB

Niner, got down to the creek and realized I'd left the worms in my tackle box back up at the pick up. I was too lazy to cross two fences and walk back to the pick up. I'm also thinking those worms will be killer this spring. I may give them a try this fall, but it depends on the weather. As I type this we are getting blasted by a snow storm. Might all be hard water soon.

Man I GOT to get my arm fixed! I NEED to do some fishing. That looks like some fun. However I would have never guessed it would be to HOT out there to hunt.

I know you were (are) one proud Daddy of that young man making!

Tell the whole Family I said howdy
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    That's a beauty of a rainbow! I love it when they're coloured up like that. Most of the 'bows I see out here are searun and silver slabs.

that's a purty salmonid. I'll bet he put up a fight in that current.

You need to do a fish picture.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Who taught your boy that move with the forearm to the chops? It's very effective and very annoying when you're one the receiving end.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

No body taught him I think it was pure survival instincts kicking in. That happens when you are 180 lbs and going against that a guy that is 260 lbs.

I believe we used to call that the 'forearm shiver'.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Yep, we did too.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Big Skyz;24895]My Saturday morning got off to a great start. It was opening day of deer season, but I just couldn't get excited about it. One our deer population is rock bottom right now due to EHD killing most of the whitetails. Two, the weather was too nice to hunt (bright, warm, sunny day.) Three, I've got 5 weeks to hunt deer and the last two weeks is the best. So a fishing I did go. While I caught a number of browns and rainbows catching this 20" rainbow out of a tiny creek really made my day. I caught him, took a photo, and released him right back into the creek. Hope to see him again someday.

Nice fish there^....How bad is the snow storm today?