Thread: Good news/bad news

Good news/bad news

The good news is that Tulsa is getting a Cabelas! The bad news is its going to be located at 81st and Hell in the busiest part of the city. Nothing down there I can't find in the catalogue I guess.

BKB

Well, we got some goods news and some better news....we're getting a Love's Travel and Fuel Center, and a Hardee's Burger Joint to boot.
    Love me some Hardee's Memphis burgers....big ole burger patty, topped with bbq pulled pork.
    Southern Gentleman

10 years ago I would not walk into a Hardee's to go to the bathroom. But now they have cleaned up and have some pretty good fast food. They have done a complete turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Edward, I've never been a big Hardee's fan for some reason. I don't really know why really. I VERY seldom go to a burger joint of any kind, but on the rare occasion I do, I guess I just prefer Burger King because of the "charcoal grill flavor". That said, I have to admit, that "big ole burger patty, topped with bbq pulled pork" just doesn't sound all that appetizing to me. Son! You live in the heart of good pulled pork BBQ country ... do you REALLY want to get it at Hardee's???

I'm assuming the one you're talking about will be located INSIDE the Love's. I spent a LOT of time at various Love's truck stops back in the day. Not usually the biggest lots (on the truck side), but the stores were generally pretty clean.

Keep in mind, we live in the boondocks down here....just about any kind of business that offers clean surroundings, good service, clean fuel, and pretty good and quick vittles, is sorta exciting to us.

As for Hardee's big ole Memphis burger, Thump, you just gotta try one....it's got so much great pulled pork on it that, if you wanted to, you could just take along two pieces of light bread, remove the pulled pork, and make yourself a separate sammich....hamburger in one hand---sammich in the other.

About 50 miles from here, Hardee's ran a special on 'em, when they were first offered....we drove over there several times....Memphis burger, large fries(seasoned, curly, or regular), ice cream sammich, and a large soft drink for $5.50....can't beat that with a two by four!!!

o-CARLS-JR-PULLED-PORK-BURGER-570.jpg

I DO wish they would bring back their roast beef sammich, however....puts Arby's to shame.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-07-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

That looks like something that would force me to double up on my cholesterol meds! Funny you should mention Arby's. Lynn is a real foodie and enjoys the "finer" foods in life ... but for some silly reason I've never been able to figure out, she loves Arby's roast beef sammiches! To me, the meat tastes like pressed beef, sliced thinly and STEAMED ... then slapped on a bun. Gag me with a frigging spoon!!

I'd consider trying the Memphis Burger ... but it would be a REALLY tough decision and I'd have to have no real choice. We just have too many GOOD BBQ joints to choose from locally and a BBQ sammich is way toward the top of my list of favorites. I prefer sliced, but pulled is my second choice. That crap they cook in a crockpot and call BBQ, but looks more like a Sloppy Joe should be outlawed! Yuck!

Oh yeah, and I HAVE to put a big ol' glob of coleslaw on my sammich! That's the ONLY way I've eaten 'em since I was (unexpectedly) served my first one in Memphis shortly after moving there years ago.

You hijacked my damned thread. that almost NEVER happens on goodhunting.

I like Arby's a lot. But there's a chain of roast beef sammie stores in St Louis that are the best EVER. Called Lion's Choice. Never seen them anywhere else but the St Louis area but if you're ever up there give them a try. My wife makes me take her by there every time we're up there to visit. Cuts into my White Castle visits something fierce.

BKB

I like me an Arby's sammich now and then, but I gots to put me some of their Horsey Sauce on it....and them curly fries too.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    If you want a roast beef sandwich, head up to Chicago and order you an "italian beef". That's the real thing.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

CD, I've just about mastered an easy recipe for authentic tasting Chicago italian roast beef. Maybe I'll post it one of these days! Made it just a couple weeks ago for game day food. Combine that and homemade fries and served up on a good italian bread bun and its heaven. another one of those things you can't eat very often if you value your aorta.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Eddie, I didn't know we were neighbors! We're getting a Love's/Hardees here too. They got part of the asphalt down on the lot and are starting on the foundation for the building now.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Yep, they just had the ground-breaking ceremony for our's two weeks ago.
    Woulda been lots sooner, but there's a small subdivision that adjoins the Love's property....several residents disputed the construction....finally, they requested an 8 foot all-concrete fence, as a buffer....Love's balked at that....all of that took a long time to negotiate, and Love's finally agreed to an 8 foot wooden fence.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I do not value my aorta.