Thread: Quack Quack

Quack Quack

Great opening day!

A little hot, and still. Needed some wind and cooler temps. But we managed our limits

All teal except for one spoony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Nice strap of ducks, Cap.
    Thats some good eats, right there, Cap!!!
    Teal meat is the creme-de-la-creme of the waterfowl world.
    Southern Gentleman

They're one of the prettier birds there iis. I have one on my desk. I used to have a greenwing standing on a stump but a male springer puppy ate it and buried the head in a flower pot.
    BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, I miss duck hunting when I see pictures like that. (Barry, that sounds like a certain Brittany pup I know.)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    makes me want to cry. As I get older and realize that there's more and more things I can't do anymore, I don't miss them. I miss duck hunting tho. Those of you who still have a place and are able to hunt, relish it. I never thought the day would come in my lifetime when I couldn't hunt ducks any more. If you're lucky it won't but it could happen in a very short time. People down here recognized that doctors and lawyers will pay to hunt so they take huge tracts of land and flood them to lease to the highest bidder. Plus the winter crops and warm power plant lakes hold more ducks in the midwest and don't as many ducks migrate as once did.

I guess I can't complain, I had my run and slew many a duck but it's over now. I still get my calls out and blow them once in a while and the rush of wings overhead still gets my heart pounding when I'm in my deer stand
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

It comes and goes. I thought the 70's were the gloden years of duck hunting until the advent of steel shot and the duck numbers plummeted. Then the 90's hit and I swear the years from 1992-1998 were the best duck hunting years ever. Three or four of us would routinely kill over 1000 ducks a season most years. We hunted them every weekend the season was open and a lot of weekdays. And we killed canvasbacks and pintails and mergansers and a lot of ducks that you just normally see in our flyway. And then thecducks got educated. There's still a LOT of ducks. But they're in Kansas and every refuge in our flyway is crammed full of ducks. And I just won't hunt public land and get pissed off all the time. Which is the main reason I don't hunt them any more. Leases are too expensive and there's too many fish to catch.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I duck hunted a lot in the 80's and early 90's. Mostly wood ducks and teal with a few mallards thrown in. Way more than u deer hunted. There's town houses where my duck blinds were and it's hard not to deer hunt now as we are truly living in the golden age for that. Mostly, it's a matter of choice, but I miss the social aspect of duck hinting.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Geez.

A DUCK has a green head.

I wish I could a shown all u guys what DUCKS looked like from 1977-1984.

Few of u have a clue. Since then? Not worth it.